Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

if the plan is to play two tall forwards + a resting ruck then you'd think so

From the reports and reading into Nobles press comments over the last 12 months, with availability and form, I think we can lock in a 3 talls line up for the start of the year.

The form of Comben is certainly bringing it all together.

I can't quite get my head around how they line up; Larkey up front on the KPF, Chom at CHF - Is CCJ/ Goldie the stay at home target in the goal square?

FWIW, I'm think its a lock the CCJ with play ahead of Xerri but the interesting thing to watch for me is - can Xerri put enough pressure on Goldie to make that conversation interesting.

This topic is one of the most interesting/ exciting for 2022 IMHO.

One of CCJ or Xerri will likely start on the bench you’d think. Comben is the CHF when upright.

Goldy, Xerri, CCJ & Edwards as a division is only behind Melbourne IMO competition wide.

Yeah agree!!

I'm bitterly torn because I'm desperate for Goldie to be a 300 gamer but worry Xerri wont buy into another year of splitting roles

From the reports and reading into Nobles press comments over the last 12 months, with availability and form, I think we can lock in a 3 talls line up for the start of the year.

The form of Comben is certainly bringing it all together.

I can't quite get my head around how they line up; Larkey up front on the KPF, Chom at CHF - Is CCJ/ Goldie the stay at home target in the goal square?

FWIW, I'm think its a lock the CCJ with play ahead of Xerri but the interesting thing to watch for me is - can Xerri put enough pressure on Goldie to make that conversation interesting.

This topic is one of the most interesting/ exciting for 2022 IMHO.
One of the rucks will surely float between the forward and backline; as we saw with Max Gawn in 2021. Probably spells the death of Josh Walker if it happens. Surely one of them starts on the bench and rotates as necessary

One of the rucks will surely float between the forward and backline; as we saw with Max Gawn in 2021. Probably spells the death of Josh Walker if it happens. Surely one of them starts on the bench and rotates as necessary
I know he might not be needed if we do that but we don't have to kill him. We can just let him go when his contract is up.

Interesting thought.

I personally believe that the club really likes what Walker brings down back and with a lack of talls down back, I expect he will play plenty of games this year - maybe 20

But the flow on to the structure of a taller fwd line and 2 rucks is unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back