Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game X, did everything you’d want to see from a ruckman. Physical beast, backed up with tackles and 2nd and 3rd efforts, tackled, took marks around the ground. Was a real presence. Straight into my fantasy team!

Never lost faith in him, but even I was surprised by his marking and tapwork today. He is a pure number ruck type rather than a ruck-forward and there's nothing wrong with that.

Similar to his best VFL games, but his marking and disposal was a lot better. A bit of extra fitness has paid wonders for him.

I didn’t watch enough of the game to have an opinion overall, but from the bit I saw he needs to start going for his marks in the hands. Can’t bear watching any more sherrins balloon off the chest.

Nice to hear he had a good game overall though.

I didn’t watch enough of the game to have an opinion overall, but from the bit I saw he needs to start going for his marks in the hands. Can’t bear watching any more sherrins balloon off the chest.

Nice to hear he had a good game overall though.
he took some very nice contested grabs

He was very solid today - exactly what I hoped to see out of him. He's still pretty rough around the edges and needs someone like JZ to teach him when and how to make players earn it but there is enough to work with for now. Hard as a cats head and if he keeps the sloppy frees to a minimum and runs straight lines at the ball at 100% he will scare the s**t out of some opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was very solid today - exactly what I hoped to see out of him. He's still pretty rough around the edges and needs someone like JZ to teach him when and how to make players earn it but there is enough to work with for now. Hard as a cats head and if he keeps the sloppy frees to a minimum and runs straight lines at the ball at 100% he will scare the sh*t out of some opponents.
i think he's a bit gunshy after giving away frees/50s and getting reported last year for excessive contact. bit of an over-correction.

i think he's a bit gunshy after giving away frees/50s and getting reported last year for excessive contact. bit of an over-correction.
You misunderstand me, I thought he was better but you can still the the temptation from him when the legal hit isn't there. He needs to play it straight and hit hard and legal - as a big guy (playing for North) he will get crucified by the umps & AFL if he doesn't keep getting smarter about this. He was improved today, I didn't think an overcorrection. Needs to stick to the footy basics and take his chances to use his body.

You misunderstand me, I thought he was better but you can still the the temptation from him when the legal hit isn't there. He needs to play it straight and hit hard and legal - as a big guy (playing for North) he will get crucified by the umps & AFL if he doesn't keep getting smarter about this. He was improved today, I didn't think an overcorrection. Needs to stick to the footy basics and take his chances to use his body.
Yep, will never be given the latitude as 'clumsy' like Mummy.

Could have paired him with Marshall straight out of the gate.
If he can continue to play at and around the level he showed today, the asking price was unders and St Kilda missed out on an absolute bargain.

Let’s hope it’s clicked with him, because based on what he produced today, he can take that No.1 Ruck mantle.

People wrote him off last season. Fact is he never got to play property in his natural position that he dominated in vfl. He also didn't get the chance in vfl to master his fwd craft then was brought in as a fwd off the back of his ruck form not fwd form. Deserves a proper season he's currently working his but off to earn his place and deserves the chance

Super pleased with his tenacity and willingness to get his hands dirty. He isn't Goldy and he never will be but he's certainly going to be a pretty big piece for us in the long-term. Pretty good talent spotting by the Saints to be fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back