Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Better news than a season.

Youngster Mitchell Hibberd will miss two to three weeks, after he suffered a displaced kneecap during Werribee’s loss to Williamstown on Saturday night.

“During the game his kneecap was displaced slightly but thankfully there is no long term damage. Mitch should only be on the sidelines for a fortnight or so before he’s able to make his return to competitive action,” Walsh added.

Mitchell Hibberd (knee) – 2-3 weeks

what the hell is a displaced knee cap? Never heard of that before in my life, but I'm bloody happy it exists as the alternative ligament damage or dislocated knee is much worse!!

Basically a dislocation of the Patella, they're not that rare really.

Basically stabilising tissue and or ligaments around the kneecap tear allowing the kneecap to move out of the place it should be.

Think of it as the knee version of a dislocated shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically a dislocation of the Patella, they're not that rare really.

Basically stabilising tissue and or ligaments around the kneecap tear allowing the kneecap to move out of the place it should be.

Think of it as the knee version of a dislocated shoulder.

Dislocated knee cap is what ruined the career of Chris Knights, by the sounds of things it wasn't a complete dislocation...

Dislocated knee cap is what ruined the career of Chris Knights, by the sounds of things it wasn't a complete dislocation...
Yeah, theres varying degrees of dislocation with a kneecap, it can be a few CMs off meaning the majority of ligaments and tissue are in tact, or it can physically be pushed to the side of the leg meaning everything is torn up pretty bad.

I vaguely remember Darren Cresswell used to manipulate his knee cap back into place on the field by himself, anytime it popped out
There's footage of him whacking it back into place during a game in the 90s. Tough ombre.

Chris Knights ruptured his patella tendon (as did Jaeger O'Meara) - an extremely serious injury and quite different from a dislocated kneecap which is the injury Cresswell had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back