AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

An almost player! We know his capabilities as does the team, as does Kyle.

Now is the time to consistently execute. A shadow of the player he was was the latter end of 2020. Needs to step up!!

Langford lacked urgency and physicality today.

Needs to be careful - as Perkins develops and Caldwell returns he could find himself playing some VFL if he doesn't lift.
long been a fan. But today was a liability.
Has a big year to hold his spot as we add depth. Particularly after another draft

I don't get it. He was awesome last year and was quite consistent across basically the whole season. Now it seems he has regressed back into his previous, 2019-liability self.

I don't get it. He was awesome last year and was quite consistent across basically the whole season. Now it seems he has regressed back into his previous, 2019-liability self.
Think it's taking him time to adjust to the role. Doesn't have the freedom he did last year to do the flashy things that the crowd loves (drift forward and kick goals).

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the feeling that if he wont make it as a mid. His decision making in close is just too slow and his skills therefore just become redundant as you are constantly rushed.

If he wants to play at his best, it will need to be as a leading half forward.

I suspect what Truck wants from him is a Caddy/McIntosh winger that can work back and drop back in the hole and be an outlet out of defence, which is fine but it also means holding your width and staying away from the play and not following the ball around.

His role is manifestly different to last year and to be honest it looks like he’s struggling to reconcile that with his natural instincts.

A player caught in between at the moment.

He was just okay IMO but he will get passed. His spot will be one under pressure when we have Caldwell back and Shiel next year.

Yep, it feels inevitable at this point.

He just can't seem to bring the intensity required week in and week out.

Has been average this year.

Did Kyle play today............totally ineffective again !!!!!!!!!

Where is he at????? Would be concerned Kyle, we definitely more from you........not good enough at the moment and thats the fact.

But wasn't he killing it in the preseason? Would have been playing the new role surely?

I have been a fan but can see he might not truly make the grade.
I think preseason is a completely different thing to playing against a real opponent who does unpredictable things and is actually trying to beat your systems.

Back