AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if his back is playing up after his hammy. Those two usually go and hand in hand, apparently itā€™s been a slow build this summer for him trying to get his body right.
I have a bad back. I reckon I've done about 10-15 hammies in my life.

The beer and junk food don't help

I have a bad back. I reckon I've done about 10-15 hammies in my life.

The beer and junk food don't help

I've got a bad back, and haven't had too much in the way of hammy troubles. I'm on the junk food and cider diet though... so maybe change the beer for cider?

I've got a bad back, and haven't had too much in the way of hammy troubles. I'm on the junk food and cider diet though... so maybe change the beer for cider?
Cider is the bastard child between juice and beer.

good chance for round 1 after impressive VFL return from injury
Small forward Matt Guelfi and midfielder Kyle Langford did their round one selection chances no harm following impressive performances in the VFL practice match against Frankston on Saturday.

Apparently did well off halfback in the VFL practice game.

Interesting wrinkle if it works.

The list of roaming medium forwards that have gone to half back and excelled is about a mile long at this point so you can certainly understand it but given his marking and typically arrow straight set shot Iā€™m not sure we can afford to not play him in that front half.

He played almost everywhere on the ground as a junior coz of some philosophy his old man had about being a team player (old man also did a fair bit of his coaching).

Not surprising if heā€™s rotating around a bit more, but the man himself said 60-40 mid/fwd where he can catch the third tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that KL was starting on the wing and then sliding back to support the back 6 with Heppell, Setterfield or Archie rolling up from half forward into the midfield group.

Heā€™s got a few things to learn about handover and keeping his head on a swivel but I donā€™t mind it, heā€™s a great user and a nice outlet with his overhead marking. An important player.

Not sold on his defending ability he gave away 3 free kicks inside D50 and lucky not to give away a 4th against wingard. Doesnā€™t have acceleration to chase/pressure the opposition. Is a nice kick though
It was a rough start, but his disposal and decision making by foot was a real asset back there. I definitely think he's worth giving some time to see if he adjusts and learns to defend better.

Seems that KL was starting on the wing and then sliding back to support the back 6 with Heppell, Setterfield or Archie rolling up from half forward into the midfield group.

Heā€™s got a few things to learn about handover and keeping his head on a swivel but I donā€™t mind it, heā€™s a great user and a nice outlet with his overhead marking. An important player.
Im all for the offensive stuff but a defender generally needs to be able to, defend

work in progress and hopefully he can build on round 1 but the signs were certainly positive after quarter time

Back