AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

From the highlights i really like the way he moves but especially the weight and decision making of his kicks. I also love the 'young idea' drafting idea. I remember the hawks taking Liam Shiels earlier because he was younger thus the potential for greater potential development.

Wouldnt mind seeing the future kicking and decision making future of Laverde, Zerrett and Langford working in tandem.

Will be a forward/wing the way AFL is going nowadays. Will run all day up and down the ground and provide link up.

Doubt we will see him this year though as he weighs about 75kg when soaking wet.

But the future is bright for him.

Also being a skinny tall kid we should expect him to take ages. He'll be putting on 10+kgs before he gets a regular game and that will most likely lead to back/groin/hamstring issues while he learns to carry it.
Is it overly optimistic to hope the conditioning staff have learned from going "too much, too soon" on Myers and Pears?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bontempelli is the player I liked the most this year. Despite being young the ability to play either defense or forward gives a young mid more of a chance to play a game or two while developing. Our defence is pretty good now but the forward line may as well try a few kids here and there to mix it up. Laverde can be depth for Chappy and Langford can be that 190cm half forward that runs like a mid. Worth giving him a game against young teams.

Sorry hopefully someone can explain,

Why did we reverse the order we picked them? Didnt it just give Carlton the option to grab Laverde? Who we rated higher?

I feel like im missing something here...

Why did we reverse the order we picked them? Didnt it just give Carlton the option to grab Laverde? Who we rated higher?

I think Carlton were eyeing Langford off at 19.

God knows why they passed on Laverde though.

I think Carlton were eyeing Langford off at 19.

God knows why they passed on Laverde though.

Yeah that was my thinking, we knew carltons player ratings they had their player above laverde but behind langford, we switched them so Carlton took their 2nd player and we then took Laverde.

Massive risk to take though.

I will have to get used to liking a Langford.
Chris Langford was the one Hawks player I used to respect and actually like watching, great full-back. (Perhaps more of a professional admiration because that was my position). Anyway - no relation, right?

We must have known Carlton were really liked Langford. When he wasn't there they panicked and went for their second choice, who they were kinda worried might be picked off before their pick at 28.

I guess things like that happen if a club is looking to draft by position and fill a hole in their list, although I don't know that Laverde is that different to Boekhorst so * knows what they were thinking. Thats a few risky picks Carlton have made recently with Menzel's knee no certainty to stay un-ruptured and Lucas already gone, so there will be a fair bit of pressure on Boekhorst to perform.

The backtracking from Rogers afterwards was pretty funny: "where you find good players you pick them, it doesn't matter what order they come in".

Yes it does you *******, that is the point of a draft...

Laverde may have been a bit lower on some clubs radars depending on what he told them in interviews. If its true him and his family are one-eyed Essendon fans "* Carlton" might have featured regularly.

The most interesting outcome (after Laverde tearing it up for years after Boekhorst gets delisted) is the repercussions of how we knew enough about Carlton's drafting to risking pulling something like this off. I'd be a ******* pisser if it turned out we had another mole.

Back