Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Bias take.

Based on his performances this year, age bracket, position and market demand he's worth a pick in the teens.

Based on where we currently rank him in our 22, him being out of contract and the club chasing him having PSD power he's more likely to get us a late 20's pick.

20 (912 points) for CCJ straight swap is a win for us.
We throw in pick 44 (362 points) is about even.
Anything less is a win for them.

Something like this overall would be perfect
View attachment 1247998
Just take 2022 2nd rounder. That would be my demand

Unfortunately we have no bargaining power....zero. This rubbish that "clubs don't want a bad rep ect" won't hold up.

I'd be expecting pick 38 and Tarrant for CCJ.
Pretty much what i think also
Norf dont have a reputation to worry about anyway, Just a sh!t stain club that is just being subsidized by the afl

" St Kilda, conversely, has been receiving several million dollars more ($20m plus in distribution) than their player spend, but will only have their salary cap paid during 2020 and have to borrow the remainder from the AFL to pay staff.
The same applies to North Melbourne (who received $17.6m from the AFL last year), although the Roos have only a $650,000 debt."

Unfortunately we have no bargaining power....zero. This rubbish that "clubs don't want a bad rep ect" won't hold up.

Maybe just maybe RFC/GCS and CCJ all work out a deal that appeals to CCJ... :D

Thank Christ nuffies like u aren't negotiating on our behalf then.

Tell em its pick 20 or J Simpkin will be in Yellow and Black as soon as he is out of contract. That will get them to hand it over pretty quick.

#lolNorf are a bottom feeder that can't attract talent and will struggle to hold on to it which means we have plenty of bargaining power.

Last edited:
And regardless of what actually ends up happening, ask yourself...

Would you rather:
A) Lose a good young player for cheap after having won 3 Premierships. Or;
B) Gain a good young player for cheap after having won the spoon and a second last finish.

s**t happens. Sometimes it plays in Tasmania.

Loving the lurking liking on this thread
Norf supporters grand final is PSD celebrations

I wonder if there will be a street party in Arden St this year

* To the Norf lurkers we ripped your leader out of your heart and in 2 years time Tarrant will be the player that brings your beloved Ben MacKay as a free agent. "Eat Em Alive" is out moto and we win flags

Hop along to PSD is the Norf moto and and complain about being a minnow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nank will make the official statement when he comes up at CCJ in 2022 at the centre bounce, maiming him in the nakkers (ala Rory Lobb in 2017 prelim)...

a fit Nank is crucial to us next year. Hopefully soldo comes back strong and we have our A team ruck division leading the charge

Tell em its pick 20 or J Simpkin will be in Yellow and Black as soon as he is out of contract. That will get them to hand it over pretty quick.

#lolNorf are a bottom feeder that can't attract talent and will struggle to hold on to it which means we have plenty of bargaining power.
Ironic that you just called someone else a nuff then came up with that post haha.

This is the trade. We end up losing CCJ and Chol, gain 38, 39(compo) and Tarrant.

Unders, but not terrible. Two end of second rounders and Taz. Wouldn’t be shocked if we use those picks to get higher this year or into next years draft.

We should get 20 for CCJ, and about 60 for Chol. So 38 and 39 seems fair.

Loving the lurking liking on this thread
Norf supporters grand final is PSD celebrations

I wonder if there will be a street party in Arden St this year

* To the Norf lurkers we ripped your leader out of your heart and in 2 years time Tarrant will be the player that brings your beloved Ben MacKay as a free agent. "Eat Em Alive" is out moto and we win flags

Hop along to PSD is the Norf moto and and complain about being a minnow

This is true

There are a few nice young players we can target in the future.

Simpkin is one, Mackay, I am sure that Tarrant would be great mates with all of them.

This is the trade. We end up losing CCJ and Chol, gain 38, 39(compo) and Tarrant.

Unders, but not terrible. Two end of second rounders and Taz. Wouldn’t be shocked if we use those picks to get higher this year or into next years draft.

We should get 20 for CCJ, and about 60 for Chol. So 38 and 39 seems fair.
1632819926122.png

Yeah I am the nuffie with your very realistic strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back