Delisted #41: Ben McNiece

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly sure it's simply a case of our defence being too slow, he had to drop Dea or Ambrose, and they rate Ambrose higher.

-Horses for courses. The match committee have been on the money lately. They have the inside info, we just think we know and play favorites.

Good luck Ben!!

Winning doesn’t mean the match committee has made the best choices. Colyer and Ambrose were our worsts last week.

Ambrose was rusty but I thought Colyer worked his way into the game ok. Gave much more than Green has been giving. Like for like replacement

I don’t disagree but they were our two worst players. I don’t think they deserve credit for that.

Doesn't make sense to me. Dea seems like a bloke suited to Collingwood's midsized forwards .

Nuh, he isn't quick enough to go with a Sidebottom (when resting forward) nor is he nimble enough to go with a Stephenson, Thomas or De Goey. McNeice gives us a genuine small

Nuh, he isn't quick enough to go with a Sidebottom (when resting forward) nor is he nimble enough to go with a Stephenson, Thomas or De Goey. McNeice gives us a genuine small
Sidebottom ain't quick mate. Agree on the other point though.

Only Sidebottom and Thomas are small there. WHE, Stephenson and De Goey all play tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrose is more likely to leave a magpie shaped hole in the ground, I hope this is why he remains in the side and Dea does not.

Why do they think McNiece can do a job? He’s just a VFL plodder who plodded pretty ordinarily last week. FFS.

Could be because he’s done it before against Collingwood or it could be because with Redman injured we don’t really have anymore small defenders.

There are a myriad of common sense options that the last page and a bit have seemingly flat out rejected for some strange reason

Could be because he’s done it before against Collingwood or it could be because with Redman injured we don’t really have anymore small defenders.

There are a myriad of common sense options that the last page and a bit have seemingly flat out rejected for some strange reason
Well, I’m just going off my own observations where I saw him get spanked against Carlton, then produce bugger all in the VFL since then...

Agreed. I would considered taking it a step further and dropped Ambrose as well .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back