Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite his mental demons kicking for goal I have to really give him kudos for never dropping his head and giving up.

The guy tries over and over despite accidentally sending the ball to the car park and getting jeers from the crowd.

If Levi kicked at 70% he would be one of the game's most valuable players. One strategy might be to play him at FF and clunk them right in front of goal - the problem is no other player on the list has the physical size, mobility and work ethic to do half the job at CHF and what he does around the ground, the same point made by others above is extremely important to understand.

Another way to look at things is to ask the question - who are the other two talls we don't have in the forward line ? The answer is - in development and injured.
If Levi kicked the ball at 70% for the season it would be a record for conversion rate I believe.

I don't believe we get enough out of him, bail out kick or not. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be willing to forgive the kicking if he was more of a brute in the contest. For a man of his size he just doesn't impose himself often enough; he competes well and gives 100%, but he really should be terrorising and monstering opposition backmen like Mumford.

I've lost patience. He cant contribute meaningfully enough week-to-week because there are so many flaws in his game (kicking for goal, decision making chief amongst them).

He is less conspicuous further away from goal, granted, but that's hardly a compromise you can afford to make when selecting a forward. As other posters have alluded to, the only structural benefit he provides is a target down the line. I don't think that's enough. Yes he takes the best defender, but if you watch him regularly he's actually quite easy to play against.

We need to reconcile he will never be better than he is right now. And that's not very good.

J.Brown makes a good point that Levi must practice properly if not already. That means having a man on the mark, executing mechanics the same every single time etc. He said he saw some players at Bris who didn't do it properly on the track.

He doesn't hurt the opposition, either physically or on the scoreboard. Can't be said of many good key forwards. Now I have said that he will kick a bag against the Pies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe we get enough out of him, bail out kick or not. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be willing to forgive the kicking if he was more of a brute in the contest. For a man of his size he just doesn't impose himself often enough; he competes well and gives 100%, but he really should be terrorising and monstering opposition backmen like Mumford.

I've lost patience. He cant contribute meaningfully enough week-to-week because there are so many flaws in his game (kicking for goal, decision making chief amongst them).

He is less conspicuous further away from goal, granted, but that's hardly a compromise you can afford to make when selecting a forward. As other posters have alluded to, the only structural benefit he provides is a target down the line. I don't think that's enough. Yes he takes the best defender, but if you watch him regularly he's actually quite easy to play against.

We need to reconcile he will never be better than he is right now. And that's not very good.
Teams cant afford to carry ruckmen that dont kick goals these days, let alone key forwards that dont kick goals. There is a bottom line here folks and that is the scoreboard. Which is our biggest weakness right now and he is part of it.

3 goals against the Pies to go with plenty of contested grabs.

The boy goes alright. Anyone still want him to be dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great performance from Levi against the Pies - didn't have him BOG but he wasn't far off it. Comfortably the dominant big man on the ground in what was arguably his best game for the club.

He'd be down on confidence due to his kicking, but 3 goals 1 behind (plus 1 on the full) is a good result and hopefully that sort of performance lifts his spirits considerably.

Great performance from Levi against the Pies - didn't have him BOG but he wasn't far off it. Comfortably the dominant big man on the ground in what was arguably his best game for the club.

He'd be down on confidence due to his kicking, but 3 goals 1 behind (plus 1 on the full) is a good result and hopefully that sort of performance lifts his spirits considerably.
And even better, his last shot was an important one which he nailed.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ew-contract-with-carlton-20160509-gopufy.html

The management of Carlton forward Levi Casboult will wait until later in the season before opening contract negotiations, as his value enjoys a jump.

Casboult's two-year deal expires this season and the Blues must determine whether he is part of their long-term plans under coach Brendon Bolton.

Bit cheeky, he hasn't got that many runs on the board right now, if the club wants to re-sign him, his manager should be taking the deal whilst they still can.

Reckon he is hedging his bets and hoping that Casboult's form improves dramatically so his negotiating power has more oomph too.

His contract could be another thing that is applying the heat mentally..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ew-contract-with-carlton-20160509-gopufy.html

Bit cheeky, he hasn't got that many runs on the board right now, if the club wants to re-sign him, his manager should be taking the deal whilst they still can.

Reckon he is hedging his bets and hoping that Casboult's form improves dramatically so his negotiating power has more oomph too.

Makes sense.
Right now at worst he is a very good CHF. He marks everything.
At best he is a star forward.
So baseline they can say he is a good CHF. That won't change bec he's being played there and he's marking everything.
Only way is up if he can kick straighter he becomes a star.

There's absolutely no benefit in us putting a contract under his nose until we know what we're getting.

Are we getting the 2015 Sav improved version or the version that's been around for 90% of the time.

I hope we offer Casboult a decent deal.

He has done so much work to get where he is and it would be a shame to see him head elsewhere. Casboult has never really benefited from having any consistently strong support in the forward line. He is already a good player but would be a very good player if he had a genuine foil to take some opposition heat off him.

I will never judge him by how many goals he kicks, he's a forward but it's more about his presence, physicality and structural benefit for mine.

I will never judge him by how many goals he kicks, he's a forward but it's more about his presence, physicality and structural benefit for mine.

I feel the same way although Casboult would be a lot more dangerous should he be the second go-to KPF and not the number one.

Trick for Levi is to back up this weeks performance.

I like the intangibles he brings. Starting to throw that big frame around and hurt the opposition. Just ask Ben Reid..

He was doing that a couple of years back.......Just ask a couple of the Hawks and Bulldogs players.

Once we get all the cogs in place by way of game-plan, Casboult will be all the more effective........may not kick goals but should be winning the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back