Past #42: Tom Campbell - delisted end '21 - 12 NM games / 7 NM goals - 2019 NM VFL John Law Medallist - thanks Soup

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving us something & had a role in getting us out of the blocks.

Definitely helps the forward line shape, but Noble doesn't appear to leave him there too long.

Clunking those marks now, and is genuinely a decent ruckman. I remember he had 2 great hitouts to advantage in a row but I don't think we got a clearance from either. Melbourne have a good midfield and you don't have to do much wrong for them to beat you in the clinches.

Glad we stuck by Campbell and didn't just throw him straight back into the two's after a bad first game. I feel bad for Xerri still, but at the very least he's getting 90% of the main ruck duties in the 2nds which is good investment for the future.

Thought he would be a stop gap until Xerri was fit and ready to play, but he has playing well enough in the last few weeks to deserved his spot, and today he was excellent, both up forward and in the ruck.

Last edited:
Clunking those marks now, and is genuinely a decent ruckman. I remember he had 2 great hitouts to advantage in a row but I don't think we got a clearance from either. Melbourne have a good midfield and you don't have to do much wrong for them to beat you in the clinches.

Glad we stuck by Campbell and didn't just throw him straight back into the two's after a bad first game. I feel bad for Xerri still, but at the very least he's getting 90% of the main ruck duties in the 2nds which is good investment for the future.
I’ve not been a believer in TC at the AFL level, but as you say, he’s never been given a decent run of games and is getting better each week; good on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t get around this guy

shouldn’t be on a list

Xerri could do everything this guy is, we need to be giving him time in the seniors now instead of Campbell who will be delisted at years end
Enough with the xerri lovefest. He's young raw and got a lot of upside. But Campbell's the better fit at this point in time. I will give you credit for choosing a whipping boy all of your own though.

And why would you be signing anyone's papers after round 7?

I can’t get around this guy

shouldn’t be on a list

Xerri could do everything this guy is, we need to be giving him time in the seniors now instead of Campbell who will be delisted at years end
Tommy has a bad day at the office and puts up better numbers than Xerri does in the scoobs. Xerri may have a higher ceiling, but Campbell is fitter, stronger and today rucked well, took marks and kicked goals. You'll have to wait another couple weeks before Xerri takes his spot.

Call me old fashioned but reckon when a bloke has a good game, maybe just say well done mate. All the talk about his spot on list and Xerri is 100% valid but nothing missed by discussing that tmrw....

Hope you got the feet up and sinking a few beers somewhere big Soup man!

tZ has the grace of a warthog.

I was shocked when i found out Campbell has only played 50 games or so.
For some reason i thought he played a lot more when he was the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back