Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Far from confirmed.
I can confirm it. I could see the love handles poking out of his jumper.

Shame Shaming GIF by What We Do In The Shadows

He looked nowhere near it in the VFL IMO. Regularly butchered the most basic kicks and was average defensively. Think Goat and Miller deserve to hold their spots ahead of him and IMO Archer and Drury are arguably first in respectively before him. The way Tucker kicked the ball yesterday, I could also see him shifting to that half back role too

Hally's point of difference is his pace - he hasn't lost a yard at all and he can still use his pace to split open opposition forward lines.

He was ok yesterday - he knows he is well above VFL level but he also knows that it will be difficult to get back into the firsts given how many young hbf'ers we now have and who are performing well.

As long as he stays fit and motivated a place will open up for him in the firsts - he is at the very least a handy player to have in the waiting.

I thought he played ok yesterday.

Good depth for injury. Could slip back in if opportunities arise IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some incredible hyperbole on here, good grief. He still offers a point of difference and he's still probably our quickest player with ball in hand. That's very very handy depth.

Yes, he had a s**t 35 disposal game and calls for the ball too much, but should he get senior opportunities this year, as I suspect he will, he will be told to play for the team's benefit, not his own. Talking about a bloke who stuck his neck out for this club throughout three godawful years like he's got no footballing ability left is just weird

He looked nowhere near it in the VFL IMO. Regularly butchered the most basic kicks and was average defensively. Think Goat and Miller deserve to hold their spots ahead of him and IMO Archer and Drury are arguably first in respectively before him. The way Tucker kicked the ball yesterday, I could also see him shifting to that half back role too
My POV is that Bergman and Goat have been absolutely fine and long may that continue. Hall might offer a bit more but we currently look good with 2 complete novices back there and as long as we can stay competitive with them in OK form then we're doing their and the team's long term future a favor.

My POV is that Bergman and Goat have been absolutely fine and long may that continue. Hall might offer a bit more but we currently look good with 2 complete novices back there and as long as we can stay competitive with them in OK form then we're doing their and the team's long term future a favor.
Goat is yet develop any offensive side to his game. He is currently a fine shut down defender, but putting them in the same conversation as Hall (who is 90 % offense) is like saying Carey was more important than Archer in winning the '96 grand final. Its apples and oranges.

A massive part of why the gameplan is holding up is due to our defensive structure and zone. There were times on Saturday where this had completely sapped any energy to attack when we needed to. If AC thinks that AH's line-breaking is beneficial to the team and he can still contribute to this structure, then he will play games.

Bring him in to play as a 1-2 punch with Sheez.

Carlton arent delivering the footy lace out to their forwards like they were in 2022.
If we can pressure their midfield then we can get them on the rebound and really hurt them going the other way.

I would drop Howe, Taylor, and anyone who lacks genuine leg speed.
I dont think they can go with LDU or Zurhaar and I reckon Stevo could get out the back and do damage.

Our defence is still a concern but maybe knowing Dawson and Corr need a chop out might give us that extra edge to knuckle down and try and get a result.

Bring him in to play as a 1-2 punch with Sheez.

Carlton arent delivering the footy lace out to their forwards like they were in 2022.
If we can pressure their midfield then we can get them on the rebound and really hurt them going the other way.

I would drop Howe, Taylor, and anyone who lacks genuine leg speed.
I dont think they can go with LDU or Zurhaar and I reckon Stevo could get out the back and do damage.

Our defence is still a concern but maybe knowing Dawson and Corr need a chop out might give us that extra edge to knuckle down and try and get a result.
Agree with all that.

Would be a fair few changes this week though if the ins are LDU, Jy, Hall, Dawson and probably Tucker into the 22. Logue is out, plus Howe and Taylor still leaves 2 more to make room.

It's time for this mad, erratic, frenetic bastard of a player to strut his stuff.

Get it, sprint 60m and kick it long.

Job done.
Get it, sprint 60m and kick it long to;
A: An opposition player
B: The boundary for a deliberate out of bounds
C: A person in the crowd who he thought was a player because they're wearing our traditional home strip and not this new abomination jumper specially designed for the Good Friday match, why can't we just wear our blue and white stripes, I don't get why we have to market to Gen Z anyway.

Yes, he had a s**t 35 disposal game and calls for the ball too much, but should he get senior opportunities this year, as I suspect he will, he will be told to play for the team's benefit, not his own. Talking about a bloke who stuck his neck out for this club throughout three godawful years like he's got no footballing ability left is just weird
But it wasn't s**t. It's a lazy narrative.

A person in the crowd who he thought was a player because they're wearing our traditional home strip and not this new abomination jumper specially designed for the Good Friday match, why can't we just wear our blue and white stripes, I don't get why we have to market to Gen Z anyway.

iu

Fancy a jumper specifically designed for a match that raises money for a children's hospital being marketed towards children. Wild.

iu

Fancy a jumper specifically designed for a match that raises money for a children's hospital being marketed towards children. Wild.
I was being ironic, see my post below from the Puma Jumper thread from yesterday…
It's the RCH Good Friday game and North designed a jumper clearly aimed at kids, I really don't see what the issue is. We got our Bounding Roo away top this year that everyone wanted so stop complaining. It's for one game for a special cause shut up, buy a membership and donate to the Good Friday appeal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back