Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

070819_Gallery2.jpg
Month off but good to see him back

Anyone got an update on how he has been training?

I’m still unable to find proof that he signed anything more than a 1 year deal with us. Even though it was rumoured he signed a 2 year deal with triggers for a 3rd.

Really want to see him play as a genuine centre square mid. That’s where he played his best footy for GC.

I like his run and dash on the outside but would be an excellent point of difference in the midfield especially when Higgins isn’t in there.

Ideally you’d have him and Higgins rotating off a half forward flank. Both of them are very capable of kicking 30+ goals in a season

Really want to see him play as a genuine centre square mid. That’s where he played his best footy for GC.

I like his run and dash on the outside but would be an excellent point of difference in the midfield especially when Higgins isn’t in there.

Ideally you’d have him and Higgins rotating off a half forward flank. Both of them are very capable of kicking 30+ goals in a season
Yep, great call. The concern might be his two way running, but nothing a full pre season couldn't hopefully address. Really need him to get firing for us, a real point of difference to our other centre square mids with his genuine speed and very long kicking

Yep, great call. The concern might be his two way running, but nothing a full pre season couldn't hopefully address. Really need him to get firing for us, a real point of difference to our other centre square mids with his genuine speed and very long kicking

I thought it was a bit unfair the way he dropped earlier in the year. He started quite well and was providing a bit of dash.

Was doing okay on the accountability front with an average of nearly 4 tackles per game.

He is one player (as long as he gets his mental health right) that has the potential to explode in 2020.

I think he’s been unfairly brushed with this as I don’t know what more he can do. have a look at he’s tackling numbers compared to a lot of our other mids.

I think he’s been unfairly brushed with this as I don’t know what more he can do. have a look at he’s tackling numbers compared to a lot of our other mids.
Yeah that is a fair call. My view I guess based more on what has been said of him rather than what he actually achieved for us. Not sure the tackling numbers is a great indicator, Jed had great numbers but was dropped for ball hunting after WC torched us on the spread. Hall has some serious weapons, if his weaknesses can be improved then look out

I think he was 2nd for tackles at North Melbourne and first for pressure acts when he was dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was 2nd for tackles at North Melbourne and first for pressure acts when he was dropped.
He was no where near our worst mid during that time. Ive got a feeling the club knew he had a couple of issues and Scott let him out of the goat paddock, as to why we were no where near it at the start of the year.

Last edited:
I thought it was a bit unfair the way he dropped earlier in the year. He started quite well and was providing a bit of dash.

Was doing okay on the accountability front with an average of nearly 4 tackles per game.

He is one player (as long as he gets his mental health right) that has the potential to explode in 2020.

I re-watched that game he was dropped for specifically to watch him and he was all over the place. Had no idea what he was doing or where he was going defensively and got roasted for missing an incredibly difficult goal by commentators and on here (that was unfair). Its no surprise he was dropped cos he was poor defensively. Its no surprise he was poor defensively either given the state of the game, side and game "plan" at the time. There were times in that game where he looked confused as to what to do when they got the ball and the opposition had 3 blokes running past him with no other chasers.

I think he's the sort that could thrive under Shaw, especially if he works hard on 2 way running and continues to improve his tackling and other defensive stuff.

I really want to see him in the CC and at bounces etc too.

Shaw might be up for that sort of thing. Jed Anderson has been playing more outside footy lately too (could be to cover injury tho ... was it you who said he had a hip complaint he'd been carrying?) so it seems Shaw isn't bothered by mixing up players' roles and how they carry them out.

Is in a good place and has comes to terms with the expectations of Shaw, after a year of " do as you please" under our old incumbents.

Disappointing if true. You need standards to be driven towards. Makes you feel valued.

Was also leading our tackle count !!!

Was also leading our tackle count !!!

I think Jed overtook him by season's end. But it was his best year in terms of tackling numbers.

If Shaw can get him running and playing defensively as well then he could be a real asset.

I think Jed overtook him by season's end. But it was his best year in terms of tackling numbers.

If Shaw can get him running and playing defensively as well then he could be a real asset.

Yes before Jed came back into the team. I remember venting on the fact that Hally was our leading tackler with I think 4.8 tackles average. Only guy trying defensively and clearly trying to work on that part of his game. Cunners has an average of 2 tackles a game at that stage, a far cry from when he was a young whipper snapper with spitta showing the way.

Is in a good place and has comes to terms with the expectations of Shaw, after a year of " do as you please" under our old incumbents.
Great to hear. He seems to be more active on his instagram again which is a good sign.

The word is is that he has put in a mountain of work this off season. Super fit at the moment and injury free. Has shed a couple of kilo’s and increased his running capacity.

Everyone is really happen with his commitment and intensity at training. Him and Shaw have a really good connection.

Personally believe he will return to our best side and have a serious impact. If he can get back to his best it will ease the burden on Higgins, LDU and Simpkin.

The word is is that he has put in a mountain of work this off season. Super fit at the moment and injury free. Has shed a couple of kilo’s and increased his running capacity.

Everyone is really happen with his commitment and intensity at training. Him and Shaw have a really good connection.

Personally believe he will return to our best side and have a serious impact. If he can get back to his best it will ease the burden on Higgins, LDU and Simpkin.

Will be a very nice addition once he's ready to play both mentally and physically :) really good to hear - especially for him as a person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back