Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

All the best Aaron, as someone whose suffered from mh issues before, I can completely understand where he is. But once you're in the North family, you're always a part of it. Good luck to him, and hope he comes back firing sooner rather then later!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Ahern then, with his foot skills? :think:
If he can build his tank - perhaps... After this week though - seems a long way off.
Also, he's been in the 2's to work on his defensive game, so perhaps half back doesn't suit.
But his best is very good - his vision and use are brilliant, something we're crying out for back there.
I have faith that he can work hard and be strong contributor in seasons to come. If he can do that off half back, particularly given the emerging Jy & LDU in the middle, it would be invaluable.

If he can build his tank - perhaps... After this week though - seems a long way off.
Also, he's been in the 2's to work on his defensive game, so perhaps half back doesn't suit.
But his best is very good - his vision and use are brilliant, something we're crying out for back there.
I have faith that he can work hard and be strong contributor in seasons to come. If he can do that off half back, particularly given the emerging Jy & LDU in the middle, it would be invaluable.
Apologies kofr. I was kidding. I can't see Ahern working in the backline on his (largely non-existent) defensive capabilities, at least at this point.

Apologies kofr. I was kidding. I can't see Ahern working in the backline on his (largely non-existent) defensive capabilities, at least at this point.
My response wasn't really that convincing either... His need to go to the 2's was noted - as was his lack of run. More hopeful than a realistic proposition... I was being polite!

I wonder what it would take to turn this guy into a hard running both way type player who can win the ball inside and spread ioffensively and defensively? For all the criticism he copped and the times he didn't run both ways, he still played better defensive footy than he had at any time previously in his career.

First game there with a midfield being smashed against the reining premiere away. Give him time.
Granted, but along with his apparent lack of tank, he just doesn't seem to want to use his body. Just as it's instinctive for some, it's the exact opposite for him. He's a Bizarro Zurhaar.

070819_Gallery2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back