Senior 43. Ashton Moir

Remove this Banner Ad

I have zero issues with us taking Moir. I hope the plan is sit him in the VFL for a couple of years. Work on his hips and get him sorted then unleash him.
I hope the plan is to get him into the club and training with the boys and see where he sits.

No rush, but no need to wait if he’s ready.

There’s also no media that suggests his hip issues from this year are an ongoing concern. Looks to work best in a role similar to Phillipou at the saints or Martin/JSOS for us.

Welcome Ashton!

Lucky he didn't dislocate his shoulder with the pile on !!

Great to see such emotion from his friends and family.

Looking forward to seeing him have a big preseason and knocking down the door for selection!

This pile on business is utter garbage.
Seems to be a competition who can deliver the most frenzied attack on the player in question.
Similar to the pathetic Gatorade shower first time winners have to endure.
A firm handshake and show of respect for your teammates is far classier.
Sooner the clubs cut it out the better…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This pile on business is utter garbage.
Seems to be a competition who can deliver the most frenzied attack on the player in question.
Similar to the pathetic Gatorade shower first time winners have to endure.
A firm handshake and show of respect for your teammates is far classier.
Sooner the clubs cut it out the better…

The fun ♀️ out in full force

They’re 17-18 year old kids who find that stuff amusing, and is their way of showing respect and happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Welcome mate, long term Jack Martin replacement

Was looking like an absolute monster before his form dropped away. At the start of the year it was only him and Curtin that were considered chances to beat Harley Reid for pick 1. Used to run a lot harder than what he was this year, I’d believe what they say about his hip injury. Bursitis is no joke.

I really hope we do the same with Moir as we did with Binns. A full year of development in the reserves, giving him plenty of time in the professional system before he’s unleashed on senior football. There’s plenty of others that can hold down half forward instead next year.

Was looking like an absolute monster before his form dropped away. At the start of the year it was only him and Curtin that were considered chances to beat Harley Reid for pick 1. Used to run a lot harder than what he was this year, I’d believe what they say about his hip injury. Bursitis is no joke.

I really hope we do the same with Moir as we did with Binns. A full year of development in the reserves, giving him plenty of time in the professional system before he’s unleashed on senior football. There’s plenty of others that can hold down half forward instead next year.
Not against the Binns type development but if he can play the mobile forward pocket role, then we’re crying out for that type of player already. Be a great addition along with a fitter Martin.

Martin - McKay - EH/DC/JSOS/Kemp
Moir - Charles - C.Durds

The other forwards would like to be on the end of his kicks too if he roams further up the ground.

Hopefully good to go for a very solid pre-season.

Not without merit, but pretty sure he will “tell” us when he is ready. If he returns to his underage output, he is going to be awfully hard to leave out.

Absolutely if there are any mental or physical frailties, we have all the time in the world to build him up. With Elijah Hollands and Jack Martin potentially in front of him for now, there is no rush. JSOS also will potentially be chasing a third tall spot too.

Not without merit, but pretty sure he will “tell” us when he is ready. If he returns to his underage output, he is going to be awfully hard to leave out.

Absolutely if there are any mental or physical frailties, we have all the time in the world to build him up. With Elijah Hollands and Jack Martin potentially in front of him for now, there is no rush. JSOS also will potentially be chasing a third tall spot too.

I don't think he is the type we will have to leave in the VFL for a few years. Different to Binns who was very light and had a few ahead of him. Reckon it will be evident pretty quickly whether he makes it or not.

We are light in his type with only an injury prone Martin ahead of him for a medium forward spot. Maybe E.Hollands or JSOS depending on how we play them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back