VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Which he did last year. And didn't in the AFL. And the year before. And didn't in the AFL. I'm pretty sure he did the same in the SANFL the year before that. And didn't in the AFL.
so you're saying he's due a bag tomorrow.

Which he did last year. And didn't in the AFL. And the year before. And didn't in the AFL. I'm pretty sure he did the same in the SANFL the year before that. And didn't in the AFL.

I think your dream of two rucks in the team is slipping!

Even if we had two of the best rucks in the AFL at our disposal, I doubt Woosha would play them.

It just makes no sense.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And Bellchambers hasn't shown anything to suggest he's an AFL KPF in those 3 seasons either yet you keep telling us he can.
He's actually done it at AFL level, unlike McKernan

At AFL level, Smack has had his best games as a tall midfielder - if we play him as a stay at home KPF he'll struggle - he's never really looked like it against quality defenders.

If the plan is to have JD spend more time in the forward 50 as the contested marking target, and McKernan roam further up the ground like JD usually does, then it might actually work. Particularly now that JD's goal kicking has transformed from woeful to elite in the space of 6 weeks...

At AFL level, Smack has had his best games as a tall midfielder - if we play him as a stay at home KPF he'll struggle - he's never really looked like it against quality defenders.

If the plan is to have JD spend more time in the forward 50 as the contested marking target, and McKernan roam further up the ground like JD usually does, then it might actually work. Particularly now that JD's goal kicking has transformed from woeful to elite in the space of 6 weeks...
interesting take:
Green McKernan Tippa
Stewart Daniher Fantasia

could work.

Unleash the Smack

Shaun-McKernan.jpg

I think your dream of two rucks in the team is slipping!

Even if we had two of the best rucks in the AFL at our disposal, I doubt Woosha would play them.

It just makes no sense.

I think Belly can play FF.
But he offers us more around the ground than Berger, so playing Berger in the ruck and Belly at FF has us down on our best in 2 spots rather than 1.

We need the contest once the ball hits the deck that hooker provides. Yes, belly can play forward, but he's useless at forward pressure.

Good selection imo.

I find selection this week baffling. Originally Langford would replace Myers and get plenty of midfield minutes. Of course Hooker being injured changes things but Langford could have played the third tall forward this week, and Parish who should have been in the team, could have played MIDfield. No need for McKernan this week.

2 goals from the ruck against GWS is pretty good.
Not what I asked though is it?

And we both know why you twisted your answer. Because the answer to my actual question is no.

Very much deserved after playing well in his only two games this season. Didn't deserve to be dropped in the fist place, but went back and performed solidly at VFL level.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find selection this week baffling. Originally Langford would replace Myers and get plenty of midfield minutes. Of course Hooker being injured changes things but Langford could have played the third tall forward this week, and Parish who should have been in the team, could have played MIDfield. No need for McKernan this week.
Obvious and correct selection. Why mess with the forward structure that is working so well? Langford can't play FF.

Not what I asked though is it?

And we both know why you twisted your answer. Because the answer to my actual question is no.
Sorry he couldn't do it whilst being banned last year or playing full time ruck this year. Maybe he'll actually spend time forward this week and prove me right.
Very much deserved after playing well in his only two games this season. Didn't deserve to be dropped in the fist place, but went back and performed solidly at VFL level.

He absolutely deserved to be dropped. He did his usual act of good one week and s**t the next. Just because you have a crush on him doesn't change that fact.

Sorry he couldn't do it whilst being banned last year or playing full time ruck this year. Maybe he'll actually spend time forward this week and prove me right.

He absolutely deserved to be dropped. He did his usual act of good one week and s**t the next. Just because you have a crush on him doesn't change that fact.
I love it when you accuse people of the same thing you do in the same post.

Its so much fun :).

Not a fan, he's inconsistent as Ethan has said. Hopefully he can do his one good week, kick a goal coz I selected him in the kicking comp and then Hooker can come back in next week. Langford in the midfield for Myers makes 100% sense, given that spot opened up. He's not a stay home goalsquare marking forward and he wouldn't take the number one defender either, so it would be useless putting him in Hooker's role. McKernan might do that much, at least, and let the others get off the chain.

Not much love for Shaun.

He's actually been very consistent at VFL level and I thought he was solid at the start of the year when in the seniors. Certainly couldn't be relied upon for whole year but I think ge can do a job.

He's a strong mark and a competive animal which should be perfect for a game like this.

If he can provide a target, harass the defenders, and nail a goal or two he would have done his job.

He's definitely a confidence player if he gets involved early then he can play a big part.

He was not s**t at all. He actually played a good game and Whoosha said the same thing. The only reason he was dropped is because Whoosha said he wanted to improve our clearances but this didn't improve in the following weeks with Belly in the team.

He was not s**t at all. He actually played a good game and Whoosha said the same thing. The only reason he was dropped is because Whoosha said he wanted to improve our clearances but this didn't improve in the following weeks with Belly in the team.

Against Brisbane? What game were you watching? Martin annihilated him. Also it was Leuey in the side for the following 3 weeks. With Bellchambers as first ruck we've actually improved marginally in that area.

Against Brisbane? What game were you watching? Martin annihilated him. Also it was Leuey in the side for the following 3 weeks. With Bellchambers as first ruck we've actually improved marginally in that area.
He's not a full time ruck though.

Setting him up for failure if you assess him like that. We might as well make josh Green full back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back