VFL Game Day Round 4: Essendon vs Casey @ The Hangar, 2pm Sun 16 April 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Good to see Bryan back, but still no Baldwin...
A decent line-up regardless to face Casey;-

B: R. Montgomerie (38), W. Hoare (51), J. Fitzgerald (77)
HB: A. Lord (28), L. Hayes (18), Massimo (42)
C: T. Phillips (55), B. Hobbs (8), S. Conforti (53)
HF: Tippa (43), VOSS (39), B. Cootee (57)
F: T. Wanga (40), J. Jorgenssen (56), A. Munkara (45)
R: N. Bryan (24), B. Bernacki (59), Q. Narkle (67)

INT: J. Sutton (69), S. Rasinac (58), J. Cleaver (60), B Laguda (62), J. Brown (63)*

EMG: R. Loton (70), B. Lynch (50), J. Hotchkin (64), N. Hind (19), C. McCarty (79)

OUT: W. Snelling (AFL), N. Hind (AFL emergency), C. McBride (suspended), J. Hotchkin
IN: N. Bryan, J. Fitzgerald, J. Jorgenssen, J. Sutton

I read somewhere Hobbs travelled to Adelaide - if he doesn't play seniors then hopefully he fly's back and is right to go for this game!

Nick Bryan came out for the initial warm up . Stood around in the middle. Spoke to a trainer for a bit and the went back inside. Waiting to see if he comes out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy Bryan looking good. Plenty of hit outs 5 marks and a few clearances .

Hobbs needs to find the limitations with his kicking. Playing a good game . Just has to eliminate biting off more than he is capable of . Man’s gots to know his limitations.

Good to see Munkara grad his first goal.

Mass a bit quiet.

Well in front on the hit outs. Has also been getting a lot of the ball. 2nd most possessions for Essendon after Hobbs. Is good in the middle, and is a useful contributor (even after the hitout) Would still love him to get some more marks and have an impact forward.
I kinda wonder if the goal for Bryan should be to become the main ruck and have Draper be the resting ruck in the forwardline who chops him out. Sammy's got enough x-factor as a forward that he can probably make up for any defincies Bryan may have when he's not rucking.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I kinda wonder if the goal for Bryan should be to become the main ruck and have Draper be the resting ruck in the forwardline who chops him out. Sammy's got enough x-factor as a forward that he can probably make up for any defincies Bryan may have when he's not rucking.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
What is working now is Draper doing a mix of ruck and going forward. Bryan still needs some percentage of being able to do a role somewhere else when Draper is in the ruck.

edit: I'm not sure how Draper would go as a perma forward. What was working against Grundy was burning him back the other way (working in tandem with Flipper). He might not be able to find that space with someone permanently minding him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back