VFL Game Day Round 12: Carlton vs Essendon, Princes Park, Sunday 11/06/2023 @ 2:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s up with the commentator just paying out on Cox. I’ve been watching 10 minutes and he’s made three comments about him not having much influence.

I think we have one here in Tsatas. His touch on the move is really quite good. Very clean.

Cox playing as a mid seems he has been a bit stand offish. Looks Mentally down and not crashing in to get the ball himself which you need as a mid. To be fair he is coming back from a back inj and has had limited taps going his way as Tsatas getting fed the lions share.

Bryan has been good marking behind the play.

Our new key forward hunter made the most of every opportunity. Just snagged his 4th. Pretty happy with his leading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for a team who "only scores from rebounds" they've walked it out the front of the stoppage a fair bit today
In the last quarter. +9 in clearance at 3QT and +21 in CP. Last quarter was crap all over

Suspect that Cox playing in the midfield is more about getting fitness levels up than it is about him being a future midfielder.

I could not have less time for us playing Nik Cox through the middle.
Totally agree. He looks like an injury waiting to happen in there as well. Doesn’t look explosive, or agile enough. Surely a sweeping half back role where he can cover ground, use his height to intercept and run all day is his calling.

5. Elijah Tsatas: Looks very smooth at the ground. Was weighting his kicks well, one of our best.
13. Nik Cox: Not a midfielder. Try him forward next week I reckon, Voss needs a change IMO.
18. Lewis Hayes: felt like he was playing a step off his direct opponent. Kicking wobbly.
24. Nick Bryan: Dominant. Not sure he can learn much more as solo ruck in the VFL
26. Kaine Baldwin: BOG again. Was intercepting everything but kicking wasn't his usual standard
28. Alastair Lord: play him forward, has struggled off half back. See if he has something.
33. Alwyn Davey: played really well to 3QT but struggled in the last. Building nicely, keep him playing midfield.
39. Patrick Voss: Struggling. Wouldn't mind seeing him play midfield for a few weeks.
41. Cian McBride: unremarkable game. Kicking was okay. Didn't really notice him tbh.
43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti: Had some highlights but looked gassed in the second half.
49. Jaiden Hunter: Very excited about him. Marked well, kicked well. Needs to add size but still only 22. Can see him playing second half of the year

Felt like we won it at the stoppage most of the day (and the stats at 3QT supported that) but poor kicking and lack of pressure allowed them too much freedom to score from half back. Last quarter it seemed like we were gassed and they were running on top of the ground.

5. Elijah Tsatas: Looks very smooth at the ground. Was weighting his kicks well, one of our best.

That's what I wanna hear. If he cleans up his kicking he'll be an absolute superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back