VFL Game Day Round 15: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Windy Hill, Sunday 02/07/23, 1:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

On a positive note though it was great a bit of passion. Hadn’t seen it this potent in the VFL team until today. They have had a lot of fade outs at the end of games this year. It’s heartening to see how much it means to them to overcome a psychological barrier that has been festering for a while now.

What I seen of him at the end is that he had about 3 match saving moments.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

#5: Elijah Tsatas: his best game so far. Went head to head with Hollands from what I could see and won it convincingly.
#13: Nik Cox: think he had a spray at HT because he was a bit soft at HT and then second half really stepped up physically. Played as the more aggressive wing.
#18: Lewis Hayes: his worst game. Was beaten convincingly by Sam Day in the air but a good learning experience for him.
#19: Nick Hind: played his standard VFL game. Too good for this level.
#24 Nick Bryan: best on for me. Was beating Moyle at HT and then was big in the last.
#28: Alastair Lord: Very unremarkable. Can't see him getting another contract.
#33: Alwyn Davey jr: was very good. Probably second best on after Bryan.
#38: Rhett Montgomerie: Played as a key defender in Baldwin's absence and did a good job. Wouldn't mind seeing him next week so we get an intercept player to allow Ridley on Fogarty
#39: Patrick Voss: Great in the first half, faded after HT. Was very physical.
#40: Tex Wanganeen: was BOG to HT but rolled his ankle in the third and was noticeably slower after that.
#41: Cian McBride: Played a good role on Burgess but he's not on the list next year.
#42: Massimo D'Ambrosio: copped a corkie it the first but kicking was still great.
#43: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti: A lot trimmer than 3 weeks ago. Had plenty of energy. That behind ❤️
#45: Anthony Munkara: His best game to date. Kicked 2 or 3. Showing all the signs he needs.

A great win and frustrating in the same way. Play like this every week and we'd have had 4-5 more wins and be top 10 contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was huge

Bit of a slippery customer.

He went hard.

Was spent at the end.
At his best he does look like he has a bit of a hard streak in him in a competitive sense. It’s a good trait to have. At times I was thinking gee you could develop him as a dynamic defender but then he was doing stuff on the wing and in the forward line.

I’m really not sure if they should settle him down in one position. I would be interested to know what he prefers. Someone like Langers just thrives on doing what is best for the team. If I had to pick and choose though dynamic defender would be the position he would be best at.

One to watch for GC is Bodhi Uwland. He was really good with his run and carry.

#5: Elijah Tsatas: his best game so far. Went head to head with Hollands from what I could see and won it convincingly.
#13: Nik Cox: think he had a spray at HT because he was a bit soft at HT and then second half really stepped up physically. Played as the more aggressive wing.
#18: Lewis Hayes: his worst game. Was beaten convincingly by Sam Day in the air but a good learning experience for him.
#19: Nick Hind: played his standard VFL game. Too good for this level.
#24 Nick Bryan: best on for me. Was beating Moyle at HT and then was big in the last.
#28: Alastair Lord: Very unremarkable. Can't see him getting another contract.
#33: Alwyn Davey jr: was very good. Probably second best on after Bryan.
#38: Rhett Montgomerie: Played as a key defender in Baldwin's absence and did a good job. Wouldn't mind seeing him next week so we get an intercept player to allow Ridley on Fogarty
#39: Patrick Voss: Great in the first half, faded after HT. Was very physical.
#40: Tex Wanganeen: was BOG to HT but rolled his ankle in the third and was noticeably slower after that.
#41: Cian McBride: Played a good role on Burgess but he's not on the list next year.
#42: Massimo D'Ambrosio: copped a corkie it the first but kicking was still great.
#43: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti: A lot trimmer than 3 weeks ago. Had plenty of energy. That behind ❤️
#45: Anthony Munkara: His best game to date. Kicked 2 or 3. Showing all the signs he needs.

A great win and frustrating in the same way. Play like this every week and we'd have had 4-5 more wins and be top 10 contention.
Tex was bog at half time with 4 touches?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back