VFL Game Day Round 15: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Windy Hill, Sunday 02/07/23, 1:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Boys showed a bit of spirit today. Was a hard slippery contest. Well deserved win.

Tsatas - was his best game so far. It was not a game where he just ripped it up all day but he was just consistent over all the quarters finding space and linking in well along with some good clearances. His tackle rate is now steady . Good game.

Cox - played wing which I do not like but he was okay. Thought he could have gone harder at a few contests early on but when the game was n the line he worked back in defense and was in flying in front of the contest. Much better without the big numbers of possessions.

Hayes - had a bit of a mare. Not a lot went right for him.

Hind - very good early. Steady over the whole day.

Bryan - dominated the ruck after half time when the GC parked Moyle. Before then he had a decent contest with Moyle and was probably a bit in front. Took some nice marks.

Lord - Lord was Lord. Couple of good things.

Davey - really good other than some scruffy disposal . Makes things happen.

Monty - not a big day numbers wise but was pretty solid down back with his spoils and pressure.

Voss - started on fire early. Good to see him leading at the footy. Was quiet once they shut down the leading lanes and he had a contest. Good game.

Wanganeen - the stats do not do him justice. He was good. Made things happen in the first. A few good tap on's and was good in tight. Not sure they had his disposals right. Pretty sure he had 4 or 5 more than he did. Rolled an ankle in a marking contest in the third but came back on for the last after having it strapped.

McBride - usual usual.

Mass - got a corky early on and battled away after that. Was okay.

Walla - was good. Played the Stringer role taking center bounces then playing forward. Looked a bit tired in the last but kept going to the finish . Looks like he has done a bit of training over the bye as he certainly looks a bit trimmer .

Munkara - showed a bit more this week. Little bit of the X factor came out.

Tex was bog at half time with 4 touches?!
I think they ****ed it up. They had him down for 1 first quarter possession but he had 6 or 7 . He was very good early.

Tex was bog at half time with 4 touches?!
That didn't pass the eye test. Had at least that many at QT and had quite a few in the second.

That didn't pass the eye test. Had at least that many at QT and had quite a few in the second.
I think the eye test is just as important as stats sometimes and if you combine the two it gives you a more accurate reading than just using one or the other.

I think the eye test is just as important as stats sometimes and if you combine the two it gives you a more accurate reading than just using one or the other.
Like he took 2 oof kicks in the first 15 minutes.

Wanganeen - the stats do not do him justice. He was good. Made things happen in the first. A few good tap on's and was good in tight. Not sure they had his disposals right. Pretty sure he had 4 or 5 more than he did. Rolled an ankle in a marking contest in the third but came back on for the last after having it strapped.
I was getting a little worried about him but this is good to hear

Walla - was good. Played the Stringer role taking center bounces then playing forward. Looked a bit tired in the last but kept going to the finish . Looks like he has done a bit of training over the bye as he certainly looks a bit trimmer .
Yay! Multiple eye-witness accounts can't be wrong :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but it's not like either of you to capitulate when you've decided what you think about something. If one of you disagreed you wouldn't have said approximately the same thing :p
Must admit he pointed it out.

Good to see Harry Jones helping out with the coaches today and involved in the whole thing.

Also decent crowd in. Must have been 1500 or so. WH may be a bit old and tired but it is still the venue to watch VFL footy :thumbsu:

Good to see Harry Jones helping out with the coaches today and involved in the whole thing.

Also decent crowd in. Must have been 1500 or so. WH may be a bit old and tired but it is still the venue to watch VFL footy :thumbsu:
Worked at Frankston Park and they had 3,000 through the gates, second best venue to Queen Elizabeth Oval for me

Worked at Frankston Park and they had 3,000 through the gates, second best venue to Queen Elizabeth Oval for me
Have always liked watching games there. The locals add to the atmosphere :thumbsu:

Tippa had me at hello but he also never said hello to me 😕.(Probably because I’ve never spoken to him) but I just have a feeling in my bones that he has unfinished business to attend to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back