VFL Game Day Round 12: Carlton vs Essendon, Princes Park, Sunday 11/06/2023 @ 2:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Lord with a fumble, turnover by hand then another turnover by hand in one sequence of play.

Just doesn't look close to AFL standard.
Guaranteed delisted at end of year. From memory we didn’t want to draft him just that everyone before him that we wanted went

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're seriously concerned about the strength of a first year player in their second VFL game.

Dumb.
seriously?

kid in his second senior game isn't physical enough

give me a spell

Surely you’re taking the p155 with that comment

I know he’s going to get stronger after a few more pre-seasons but nearly six quarters in and he hasn’t even looked close to being able to stick a tackle.

Especially compared to the physicality being displayed at AFL level by Sheezel/Wardlaw/Humphries/Ginbey/Phillipou at AFL level.

I’m not saying he’s soft, a dud or anything like that, he’s clearly willing to cop a hit but I still concerned with how far back his physicality is compared to his peers.

Whether those concerns are unfounded remains to be seen.

I know he’s going to get stronger after a few more pre-seasons but nearly six quarters in and he hasn’t even looked close to being able to stick a tackle.

Especially compared to the physicality being displayed at AFL level by Sheezel/Wardlaw/Humphries/Ginbey/Phillipou at AFL level.

I’m not saying he’s soft, a dud or anything like that, he’s clearly willing to cop a hit but I still concerned with how far back his physicality is compared to his peers.

Thanks for clarifying Kane

Comparing different types of players
He’s a rolls Royce
Does he put his head over the ball to go and hunt it, yes. That’s all the matters
The tackling stuff will come later, he didn’t get drafted top 5 because he’s a great defensive tackler

Baldwin:
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I don’t really care. Is this game helping him get some confident in the role he’ll play in the afl side. No
So is it helping his development, no
So playing young forwards in defence or young midfielders off the half back line early in their careers isn't a thing then?

What if they want to fast track his tank so they are putting him on ball?
Or they want him to get his hands on it and bit more?

There are plenty of reasons why younger players might spend time in different positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back