Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

* I've been so buried in D2 I didn't even register this had happened. I just switched off footy big time after Saturday.

Along with the Kelly thing, surely people can now realise that even people with allegedly iron clad sources can be totally wrong, and that certain truisms are simply not true at all

What's D2? A game?

11164.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they not both say he was basically gone until we stumped up a way bigger cash offer?
Not going to argue semantics but IMO this is outrageous because it is not even close to the truth of the matter.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

More years equal more cash. 4 years instead of 2 is a heck of a lot more money. Call it security if you want, but in that tax bracket it's not too much different. He's doing what he loves so it's not like there's much of an opportunity cost for him in any case.

More years equal more cash. 4 years instead of 2 is a heck of a lot more money. Call it security if you want, but in that tax bracket it's not too much different. He's doing what he loves so it's not like there's much of an opportunity cost for him in any case.
No. were clearly talking solely about money, not length of contract. And where do you get 2 years difference from? This is not the case at all.

Back on Topic - McKenna re-signing for 4 years along with Zaharakis strongly suggests they will play a core role in our next premiership - Re-signings this year have shown Worsfold's direction for EFC.

You people need to understand that this is a great effort by the club and he was seriously on the way out
Lots of money was offered and we ponied up more than we would have thought and for a longer period
Still a great signing

So Big Dog was accurate with his posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he wasn't accurate at all.

Really - I fail to see any inaccuracy in their post - McKenna got at least one offer from another club which was far in excess of Essendon's first offer, both in dollars and tenure - McKenna's manager negotiated to get Essendon to eventually similar or not more than the offer from the other club - The only query with Bid Dog's post could be his choice of words.

Really - I fail to see any inaccuracy in their post - McKenna got at least one offer from another club which was far in excess of Essendon's first offer, both in dollars and tenure - McKenna's manager negotiated to get Essendon to eventually similar or not more than the offer from the other club - The only query with Bid Dog's post could be his choice of words.
Must be a chance for a jumper number upgrade to 4 or 5?

I'm not going to comment on this any further. If you are happy lapping up bullshit good luck to you.

I'm not going to comment on this any further. If you are happy lapping up bullshit good luck to you.

I messaged your mod about it. There is zero chance you have a better source than me on this one. Stop suggesting I'm spreading bullshit.

I messaged your mod about it. There is zero chance you have a better source than me on this one. Stop suggesting I'm spreading bullshit.
Sorry, some of our posters like to quote stuff that's days old without reading the stuff after it first. This has all been clarified and doesn't require further discussion.

I know there's a lot of excitement about McGrath moving to the midfield but I think we should give McKenna first crack. While he's only a 50/50 chance of being capable of the move the upside of having a midfielder with his size/speed and unique kicking ability is immense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back