Remove this Banner Ad

he was arrested on the street in his car after they found Cleo, maybe on his way back to the house? maybe that had technology to know he was away from the house and pounced.

Any theories on why they would remove a carpet from the house? seems an odd thing to remove.
Looking for semen in the bedroom the girl was in.

and can you image what Ellie and Jake went through before the picked up the ringing phone at 1am? And then to be told the fabulous news. But what I got upset by, was they were then asked to make their own way to the hospital to see Ellie. They would have been a mess emotionally. I would have thought a pick-up by police and being driven to the hospital more appropriate.
or at least Channel 7, complete with hats

Looking for semen in the bedroom the girl was in.

Yes sperm, skin cells and spittle, blood (all contain DNA) linked to the suspect to prove he was inside the building; and others as well. If he was known to police as we are told today, they will have his DNA for comparison.

'NCA NewsWire understands the man was pulled over in a car by police near Carnarvon about midnight and was arrested.
Detectives then went to the house and saved Cleo.'

'New details have emerged as to how Cleo Smith's alleged kidnapper was caught by Western Australia Police moments before her rescue inside a Carnarvon home.

The 36-year-old man at the centre of the investigation that has gripped the nation was pulled over by a police car near Carnarvon around midnight, according to publication The West Australian.

He was arrested and less than one hour later, around 11:46am, a team of four leading investigators burst into the property, and found the four-year-old inside a locked room.'

'The West Australian understands that the 36-year-old man now at the centre of the huge investigation which has captured Australia was pulled over in a car by police near Carnarvon town at about midnight.

After pulling over the man and arresting him, police then busted their way into the Tonkin Crescent home about 1am where they found little Cleo alive and well.'

And what is the one under'lying' theme with all these articles - they are all, not even cleverly disguised, simply 'opinion'..!

Related, it would be a very bold/stupid, virtually unheard of for police to arrest a suspect prior to having verifiable evidence of the crime. No different that arresting an alleged bank robber on his way to the bank..!

Last edited:

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Yes, please always use Australia's well respected main stream news services.

XWwlq4.gif

'NCA NewsWire understands the man was pulled over in a car by police near Carnarvon about midnight and was arrested.

'New details have emerged as to how Cleo Smith's alleged kidnapper was caught by Western Australia Police moments before her rescue inside a Carnarvon home.

The 36-year-old man at the centre of the investigation that has gripped the nation was pulled over by a police car near Carnarvon around midnight, according to publication The West Australian.

He was arrested and less than one hour later, around 11:46am, a team of four leading investigators burst into the property, and found the four-year-old inside a locked room.'

'The West Australian understands that the 36-year-old man now at the centre of the huge investigation which has captured Australia was pulled over in a car by police near Carnarvon town at about midnight.

After pulling over the man and arresting him, police then busted their way into the Tonkin Crescent home about 1am where they found little Cleo alive and well.'

if they got data from FB and other social media sites from his 'like';heart' reactions they would know he was in Carnarvon location. They possibly got birth details from social media companies as well and had a look at his own pics. recognised him or a relative. Checked his vehicle ...it matched the Blowholes NWCH vehicle.... checked cctv of vehicles traveling around Carnarvon early am on 16th then wella!

Wonder at the time of pulling over the car if they believed he was the person or was it the type of car that fitted the Bill. If it was an hour later before they entered the home you would think he still had not confessed or acknowledged he had taken Cleo.

It is the parents who are permitting these cowardly sickos to stalked them on facebook. They just have to adjust privacy settings so only their closest real friends like family members can view anything. using facebook like they do is like welcoming a pedo into their homes, sitting them down, offering them a lovely meal, letting them baby sit their children, and staying the night.

And the parents need to adjust their profile pic so it doesnt show any child image, any vehicle image, any home image, any property image. Their location needs to be left blank. And never include any dates of birth or personal information. Don't include a false date or birth either.
A lot of people get their childrens stuff with their names on it, this is a big NO. Gives a perp easy access to their name. Never do this.
Don't put anything up about where you're going, where you live etc publicly to your profile. This includes kids groups and pages liked, tagged venues etc. Too much opportunity for perps to learn about your tracks. This is still quite rare, but why risk it.

The theory I posted early in the search turned out to be incorrect, however I'm sure there were many other similar theories, so please forgive me.

I'll never forget the huge sense of relief when I got a message at 4.50am from a friend in NSW telling me the news. Terrific!

I unreservedly congratulate WAPOL, just outstanding Police work most probably world class, next time a see a copper on the street, I'm going to shake his/her hand.

Outstanding.

Yes sperm, skin cells and spittle, blood (all contain DNA) linked to the suspect to prove he was inside the building; and others as well. If he was known to police as we are told today, they will have his DNA for comparison.

Isn't DNA kept on file only for those with a previous conviction for a serious crime? Known to police can just mean petty offenses & minor crimes.

it would be a very bold/stupid, virtually unheard of police action to arrest a suspect prior to having verifiable evidence of the crime. No different that arresting an alleged bank robber on his way to the bank..!

Maybe what actually happened was that they pulled him over for something in his car, and during that time he was still pulled over, they raided the house, and then immediately arrested him.

Or after initially pulling him over, they subsequently started tailing him in his car so that they could do a quick arrest after they had raided the house and had evidence of Cleo there to arrest him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing we’ll never know the complete truth behind the offending. Because I doubt that this suspect could be trusted about anything. He’ll probably concede what he can’t deny and give little more away.

yeah fair enough, but if it is his house and they find dna on anything that belongs to him, i'm not sure what that proves given it is his house, its not a crime to have a toss in your own home, and I am not sure technology is good enough to pick up age of dna?. But I guess its all part of the bigger picture

Maybe what actually happened was that they pulled him over for something in his car, and during that time he was still pulled over, they raided the house, and then immediately arrested him.

Or after initially pulling him over, they subsequently started tailing him in his car so that they could do a quick arrest after they had raided the house and had evidence of Cleo there to arrest him.

Either or - clearly a planned operation as the police knew he wasn't home, hence the door rams and crow bars they just happened to arrive with - and they would also of been tailing him - so perhaps when they decided to stop him for simple 'random' but coercive inquiry about Cleo's disappearance, he got aggressive and had to be 'detained'..?

Last edited:
Good old Jacinta franklin bringing race into it.

'Would Cleo have been found if she's Aboriginal?'

Think the question was, would it have received the same level of media coverage? Same thought had occurred to me; 'probably not' was my conclusion.

Valid question IMO, even if the timing's a bit off.

Maybe unregistered vehicle and no license

Any theories on why they would remove a carpet from the house? seems an odd thing to remove.

Footprints?

Like the possibly crime scene evidence ones I saw reported on last night in the media (see below)

'Miracle in dead of night after days of despair: ‘My name is Cleo’
by PAUL GARVEY
SENIOR REPORTER
authors

PAIGE TAYLOR
INDIGENOUS AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT, WA BUREAU CHIEF

NOVEMBER 3, 2021

The man in police custody on Wednesday was a familiar sight to neighbours approached by The Australian, though they said he hardly talked. They recalled frequently seeing him walking around the neighbourhood until he recently got a car. He had done some work in Carnarvon with Real Futures, a local work-for-the-dole program.'

'He is from a large Aboriginal family. Amid serious concerns of community tensions in coming days, extra police were flown in to Carnarvon on Wednesday.

Mr Dawson held a crisis meeting with about 20 Aboriginal elders, asking them to ignore hurtful or inflammatory comments on social media. Mr Dawson also asked the elders to encourage younger people not to respond to any goading or racism in the wake of the arrest. A senior Aboriginal woman, Gillian Snowball, was moved to tears when she told the meeting she had known the man in custody since he was a toddler.

“It’s a disgrace today, I feel ashamed,” she said. “I don’t want to walk down the street or go to the shops now.”

During the investigation, locals came to believe police had a footprint from the family’s campsite that they considered highly significant.

Police contacted people whose mobile phones had been detected in the area on October 15 and 16 and questioned them about their shoes.

One woman questioned twice told The Australian: “They said it was a random questionnaire but it was an interrogation because my phone was in the area and I didn’t mind because they have to be thorough. They wanted to know what size my shoes are and what kind of shoes I have.”'

Either or - clearly a planned operation as the police knew he wasn't home, hence the door rams and crow bars they just happened to arrive with - and they would also of been tailing him - so perhaps when they decided to stop him for simple 'random' but coercive inquiry about Cleo's disappearance, he got aggressive and had to be 'detained'..?
Either way.
A good outcome.

Victim safe
Alleged perpetrator arrested and still alive to face justice.
No Police Officers injured (we assume)
No bystanders injured
All dolls/toys freed.

Any reports on whether the alleged perpetrator's dog(s) are ok?

Think the question was, would it have received the same level of media coverage? Same thought had occurred to me; 'probably not' was my conclusion.

Valid question IMO, even if the timing's a bit off.

It's difficult to keep issues of race off this thread, particularly when prominent social commentators are weighing in on it and headlining in mainstream media but it doesn't really belong in here.

I'm not going to be too hard on anybody but let's not get distracted by it, the offenders race has no direct bearing on the crime that was committed.

yeah fair enough, but if it is his house and they find dna on anything that belongs to him, i'm not sure what that proves given it is his house, its not a crime to have a toss in your own home, and I am not sure technology is good enough to pick up age of dna?. But I guess its all part of the bigger picture

they may be looking for dna belonging to other(s) that are perhaps known to police

imho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back