Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely disappointing ............on SEN radio ( Maxwell ex Collingwood Capt.) was saying he was at a recent AFL players gathering 3 topline midfielders from different clubs said the Benny Jacobs was their hardest opponent to shake to date.

Really shakes things up for us coming up against better credential opponents ...........he'd be missed I think , big time.

Extremely disappointing ............on SEN radio ( Maxwell ex Collingwood Capt.) was saying he was at a recent AFL players gathering 3 topline midfielders from different clubs said the Benny Jacobs was their hardest opponent to shake to date.

Would have been 4 but they couldn't find Cotchin to ask his opinion.

Really shakes things up for us coming up against better credential opponents ...........he'd be missed I think , big time.
What a compliment. What do we think it is about Ben that makes him such a great tagger? I see him annoying players, holding like any tagger does but not hitting like Baker or the dirty s**t Crowley would pull. Is it the combination of his great core strength over the ball, discipline and endurance running?

Amazing that tagging is now back in favour as illustrated by Nafan with Levi on Selwood, and Horse with McGlynn on Mitchell, but our Benny is still regarded as the best in the business, back for the finals BJ #trendsetters

It was T Mitchell on S Mitchell, but yeah, point well made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way he's ever leaving anyway... shinboner for life, wouldn't be surprised in 2026 to see him win our next shinboner of the decade award :) #bennie2k26 #bennieorbust
Never doubt how far a jalopy might take you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back