Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Better delivery than the poo we’re kicking into the 50 would help too

Better delivery breaks down because transition is poorly executed and/or too handball happy.

It's pretty obvious now that Rhyce sees 2020 as a development year, as we're not executing strategically like we did in rounds 1 &2 (longer down the line, get numbers to the contest).

Finals might be out now.

He has celiac disease, so I'm sure he's all over the good gut regimen. I think people on here forget, or don't know what celiac disease can do to your body. It's pretty remarkable that he's out there running more km's than anyone, almost never comes off, and kicks bags of goals for us when we've got a proper structure. He deserves a lot more credit on here for some things in life others just take for granted.

yea but it's not severe celiac disease, he was able to get to the AFL without even knowing.

truth be told, everyone has it to some extent, humans were never designed to eat wheat and many of the health issues ppl have can be traced but to this.

yea but it's not severe celiac disease, he was able to get to the AFL without even knowing.

truth be told, everyone has it to some extent, humans were never designed to eat wheat and many of the health issues ppl have can be traced but to this.

Yep, it's a spectrum for sure, and I don't know that any of us on here can be in a position of knowing where he's currently at with it. Knowing BBB, he'll be doing everything possible to keep it at bay as much as he can, but like any auto-immune disease they often have a mind of their own. The only time I've heard him speak about it was just to mention it in passing as part of the reasons for his diet choices, but it's always stuck with me when people on here get all worked up about his physical build.

And you're spot on about the wheat thing too. Big culprit for causing inflammation in the body, and a myriad of disease processes as a result of that, that are often never traced back to diet.

Better delivery breaks down because transition is poorly executed and/or too handball happy.

It's pretty obvious now that Rhyce sees 2020 as a development year, as we're not executing strategically like we did in rounds 1 &2 (longer down the line, get numbers to the contest).

Finals might be out now.
Talk about jumping the gun. I don't think Rhyce has thrown in the towel at 2-2 during the most open season ever. More likely we're not executing strategically because we're playing like s**t and counter to instruction for large portions of games, as Rhyce and everyone else has said over the last two weeks. Frustrating, but there's absolutely no reason we can't turn it around, particularly once Cunners, Larkey and Majak come in.

Without going into specific details, Ben Brown is a player to watch regarding these new NSW covid-19 restrictions, and willingness to travel to a hub.

Without going into specific details, Ben Brown is a player to watch regarding these new NSW covid-19 restrictions, and willingness to travel to a hub.
What about other states? Wasn't Goldy another who was hesitant about travelling out for long periods?

Someone I know has coeliac disease and I can assure you its symptoms are severe. Its also very misunderstood by a lot of people. If they eat gluten (which is the issue with coeliacs not wheat) they end up in hospital. Undiagnosed it can cause people huge issues. I am sure he has a handle on managing this side of his diet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't move out of his postcode to facilitate avoiding quarantine I'm tipping

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hester has been posting on her instagram story asking for advice on portacots ‘for the next six weeks’, so, I’m tipping you’re wrong.

Yep, it's a spectrum for sure, and I don't know that any of us on here can be in a position of knowing where he's currently at with it. Knowing BBB, he'll be doing everything possible to keep it at bay as much as he can, but like any auto-immune disease they often have a mind of their own. The only time I've heard him speak about it was just to mention it in passing as part of the reasons for his diet choices, but it's always stuck with me when people on here get all worked up about his physical build.

And you're spot on about the wheat thing too. Big culprit for causing inflammation in the body, and a myriad of disease processes as a result of that, that are often never traced back to diet.

100%

i believe due to younger players being far less disciplined, clubs are more concerned about players macro diets rather than the specifics of diets. but i really hope the older players are being advised about this, it could really add years to their careers and improve their performances.

long gone are the days of the food pyramid and carb loading. there is still debate about carbs and wheat possibly adversely affecting explosive activities, but it is well studied that high fat (the dreaded 'keto' diet) positively affects long distance runners performance and recovery. AFL i believe is far more of an endurance activity in the modern game (as compared to sprinters, long jumpers etc)

These blokes quickly forget how their food gets on the table.

Yeah ease up. Brown has moved house TWICE in the last 24 hours trying to find suitable accomodation for him, his wife, and his 18month old kid.

Yeah ease up. Brown has moved house TWICE in the last 24 hours trying to find suitable accomodation for him, his wife, and his 18month old kid.

There are 8 year old footballers in Spain with more heart and balls than this bloke.

Let him stay home with uncle Fester and then I’ll happily take free agency compo and look to the future.

Comben or Maj will provide more of a contest anyway when things aren’t going their way.

If this qualifies as a traumatic experience, then I can see how your inherent fragility evolved.

Fmd, the s**t that gets talked about our leading goalkicker for the last 4 years, a guy who busts his ass on the track, covers more ground than any other player and has won the club games off his boot plenty.. it's ridiculous.

He's in the squad for this weekend's game and until we have to uproot to a hub we won't know who is leaving or staying or whatever. These assumptions that Ben has chosen not to go along with the team (a guy who uprooted his life to make it in the AFL to beging with) are just speculation, so maybe hold out the angry mob invites until after something actually comes of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back