Toast 50+ Year Member Function

Remove this Banner Ad

I scored a spot at the 50+ Year Member Function today. Training was on and looked pretty spirited. There would be a few bruises.

I could swear Tom Williamson was out there until I saw him kick with his right, and realised it was BlAcres. His two-way work on the track bodes well. I didn't see Walsh out there, but he was in the cafe afterwards in one piece. Williams and Martin ran laps after the session. Both look reasonably fit.

Club fixture Shane O'Sullivan MCd, The head chef spoke, and Tim Kalkman gave a potted history of the redevelopment. Diesel chatted and managed to squeeze every one of his accomplishments in as he usually does. All positive as you'd expect, but everyone knows we have more work to do, especially at our bottom end of the list. JSOS, Jack Carroll, and Ollie Holland were way-laid on their way to the showers for a chat too. JSOS is a natural media talent.

The redevelopment: Firstly, it's good to have a decently sized function room of our own. I'm not sure it's any smaller than the old social club, which is now a dim memory. The training space downstairs is a lot bigger than the old one from the first redevelopment, which is now a dedicated weights room. The pool has been redone and looks pretty good. Plans for in-house medical imaging are on the table, to save players travelling out to the burbs for scans.

Next year apparently restoration work begins on The Gardiner Stand, including the space underneath.

I think we all miss the old spectator facilities (at least in their glory days), but I can't complain about the redevelopment for the purpose for which it was made.

Well done to the club for this. Apparently there are 600 50+ year members on the books.

Shout out to Connie who has been a member for 78 years. That's almost as long as Thy!

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

50+ year member - kudos to you AD, unbelievable support of the greatest AFL club.
It‘s going to be great to be great again.
Number 17 is going to be the best reward for that loyalty.
27 year old me didn’t think we were going to be waiting this long back in 95.
Our next will be the one I will treasure the most. It’ll be special.

50+ year member - kudos to you AD, unbelievable support of the greatest AFL club.
It‘s going to be great to be great again.
Number 17 is going to be the best reward for that loyalty.
27 year old me didn’t think we were going to be waiting this long back in 95.
Our next will be the one I will treasure the most. It’ll be special.
:think:

Sucks To Suck GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year apparently restoration work begins on The Gardiner Stand, including the space underneath.
Nice to know we've not long got a few pesos in the account and this has made an agenda.

Also, assume everyone else also read this post a la Brooks letter to Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back