Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought they were the clean up squad.

Anyway we should take this to the JHFK thread...
Cleaned up frank Sinatras mess that’s for sure

I actually think trading him would greatly benefit the club tbh. Maybe not short term but long term it would.

You guys are stacked for midfielders. LDU has come on, Simpkin’s pretty good, Thomas has shown he’s an inside beast when fit. Phillips and Powell are going to be apart of it. If you can get Adelaide’s Pick 4, there Future First and pick 22 while sending some junk picks back. It’s a win.

Leaves you with possibly pick 1, 4 and 22.
Good key position talent available.

It is a good situation. I believe we have about 13 decent players and about another 15/20 we're hoping continue to improve and become good footballers and a few become topliners.

So yes you're correct it would be difficult to not swap JHF for two early first rounders and a early second.
You should be able to get 3 good footballers for that. It becomes even juicer if we receive a PP in the first round.

We could have picks 1,4,?? and 22. Plus another early first in 2023. I assume the awarding of PP's is done before any trade period commences?
So we would control the draft and who knows what else could come our way through dealings with other clubs. Of course every time you have an early draft pick you're fast tracking top line access by a year.

We got JHF because we were the worst team in the comp. Not because we sold the farm to get him. We got Sam Durdin with a first rounder as well a few years ago now. The difference was we finished sixth and the fledgling GW$ got in first.

But of course we haven't had such excitement over a footballer in along time. I understand especially around these parts why people wouldn't consider trading JHF. Somehow it would be seen as negative.
That same attitude has seen us mired in the s**t for many years. Frozen by fear of making a mistake and looking foolish.

Keep JHF or trade him for the farm and I'm happy either way. It's funny that we love LDU and we got him with pick #4

Other recent pick #4's

Nick Daicos
Logan McDonald lol
Max King

I'd love to see a club any club not swap JHF for two of those four. Then we've still got #22 up our sleeve, we apparently paid overs for CCJ with #19. We spent ten bloody years averaging a ninth spot finish in any given season. We have ground to make up.

We have as you say Will Phillips waiting in the wings, big Charles " Chalky" Comben. A 31 yr old Ben Cunnington who has a couple of years left in him. Then I'd suggest pick #1 this season unless we move Noble on. WCE have put up a great fight but I think we're wearing them down. It's been an absolute onslaught of shitness and yes they've been a worthy adversary, but I feel we have their measure.

So we get another decent mid if need be. I'm not one to follow the drafts, but am interested in who the top 4/5 prospects are for this year? ( our draft watchers please)

A big fat yes from me, you'd want a real valid reason to not swap a 19 yr old for 3 good picks as I don't believe the Crow is flying up the ladder anytime soon.

Or keep him of course

It is a good situation. I believe we have about 13 decent players and about another 15/20 we're hoping continue to improve and become good footballers and a few become topliners.

So yes you're correct it would be difficult to not swap JHF for two early first rounders and a early second.
You should be able to get 3 good footballers for that. It becomes even juicer if we receive a PP in the first round.

We could have picks 1,4,?? and 22. Plus another early first in 2023. I assume the awarding of PP's is done before any trade period commences?
So we would control the draft and who knows what else could come our way through dealings with other clubs. Of course every time you have an early draft pick you're fast tracking top line access by a year.

We got JHF because we were the worst team in the comp. Not because we sold the farm to get him. We got Sam Durdin with a first rounder as well a few years ago now. The difference was we finished sixth and the fledgling GW$ got in first.

But of course we haven't had such excitement over a footballer in along time. I understand especially around these parts why people wouldn't consider trading JHF. Somehow it would be seen as negative.
That same attitude has seen us mired in the s**t for many years. Frozen by fear of making a mistake and looking foolish.

Keep JHF or trade him for the farm and I'm happy either way. It's funny that we love LDU and we got him with pick #4

Other recent pick #4's

Nick Daicos
Logan McDonald lol
Max King

I'd love to see a club any club not swap JHF for two of those four. Then we've still got #22 up our sleeve, we apparently paid overs for CCJ with #19. We spent ten bloody years averaging a ninth spot finish in any given season. We have ground to make up.

We have as you say Will Phillips waiting in the wings, big Charles " Chalky" Comben. A 31 yr old Ben Cunnington who has a couple of years left in him. Then I'd suggest pick #1 this season unless we move Noble on. WCE have put up a great fight but I think we're wearing them down. It's been an absolute onslaught of shitness and yes they've been a worthy adversary, but I feel we have their measure.

So we get another decent mid if need be. I'm not one to follow the drafts, but am interested in who the top 4/5 prospects are for this year? ( our draft watchers please)

A big fat yes from me, you'd want a real valid reason to not swap a 19 yr old for 3 good picks as I don't believe the Crow is flying up the ladder anytime soon.

Or keep him of course
You haven't given up on prizing Tom Doodoos away from Adelaide, have you?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You haven't given up on prizing Tom Doodoos away from Adelaide, have you?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not at all Micky although he'd probably get a game in our side. More the craziness around a steadfast no. For years i was told on here that early picks don't matter.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade JHF for either the King Combo of King/ Daicos or King/LDU or players of that ilk. Or a King/ Oliver combo?

Phil is at our games often.
Do you remember that burst LDU had with a shepherd from Jack and Powell? He kicked it to Larkey who kicked it back to Jed. LDU and Larkey both had an opportunity to kick to space in the pocket and give us a shot on goal but didn't. I remember the way Jim could win the ball, him PHil as he ran into space and then move into the next bit of space for the next ball from Phil. Phil is carrying a bit of extra weight these days tho. Might not be able to move as fast.

Not at all Micky although he'd probably get a game in our side. More the craziness around a steadfast no. For years i was told on here that early picks don't matter.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade JHF for either the King Combo of King/ Daicos or King/LDU or players of that ilk. Or a King/ Oliver combo?
Provided that projected players of that type are there. JHF still projects to be exceptional and I’m not sure if the draftees that would shake out from a trade would be projected similarly. Plus I expect adelaide to improve so the second pick might drift.

Bird in the hand and all that.

Honestly dunno. King/Oliver maybe. RIght now I'd wait. Maybe at the end of next year. He'll be worth more then cos he'll be bigger and stronger and regularly winning 10 clearances a game and kicking goals regularly. WE could have a functioning forward line with Larkey, Comben and CCJ by the end of this season. Or at the end of 2023 we could definitely know if CCJ and Comben are busts up forward. And maybe have a young KPF from the draft this year.

In my opinion that changes how much value JHF has. Also we get Phillips back next year and he's 20 by then so stronger than a draftee.

Other recent pick #4's

Nick Daicos
Logan McDonald lol
Max King

Or keep him of course
Also Bontempelli was 4, and Gaff.

Now try swapping JHF for any two of Cale Morton, Jimmy Toumpas, Richard Tambling and Farren Ray.

Very much a bird in the hand to my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More the craziness around a steadfast no.
my no isn't stead fast, it is the starting position.

meaning we can consider anything, but any offer would need to be good enough to convince us to move from our starting position.

Other recent pick #4's

Nick Daicos
Logan McDonald lol
Max King

Or keep him of course

• PP are awarded prior to the trade period commencing
  • Not specifically JHF but I don't know what the big deal in trading pick 1 is - being able to milk it and having confidence in your talent ID (which I don't) is the key
  • Agree about WCE, they'll fly past us on percentage alone if their performance against Geelong is sustained

I’m not as free and easy as you Old Boy. I will however, give most things due consideration.

If you can get us a Max King /LDU combo, I’m all ears. If it’s Jimmy Toumpas and Cale Morton I’m less enthused.

Watched "Show me the Money' last night. It was very interesting. There was a part where Ben Williams who manages JHF and Logan McDonald was talking to Logan about a new contract. He was telling him to wait until the end of the year to sign because his value will go up. This would be the same advice that he would be giving JHF.
Filth mentioned this a month ago and people still ignore it. I feel like we have to organise a movie night down at arden street. Get all of this board and the North members down there. Bring the deck chairs, bean bags and picnic rugs and put the bloody thing on. Then hopefully there will be a light bulb moment amongst our supporters. It's clear as day. Don't panic guys, this is how business is done. Ben has struck gold and he's not going to get JHF to sign the first contract that's shoved under his nose.

That's the problem with society today...now now now. Bunch of Veruca Salts. Ben is playing chess while some of us are down the other end shouting "gimme that king now or I'll cry and chuck a tantrum"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back