Traded 6. Jordan Clark (2019-2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

So I managed to be able to see lots of vision that the coaches get to use (so long range, zoomed out type of vision) of JLT2 vs Bombers and one thing that really stood out was Clarks ability to read the play.
It is ELITE.
Every single time he read the ball correctly coming in, usually right off the boot and well before most others around him.
He's simply a very smart player with a high footy IQ/aptitude.

The kid is a star in the making.

..some "experts" wanted him dropped to the VFL because he's not good enough.......well,....he looks a fine prospect to me. Pace, courage, good foot skills and very good hands....and this after a pre-season effected by glandular fever...

He's 18 so rest him if needed, but the more games we get into this lad the better.

What would you call making Cocka? Games played? B&F ?
He won't become a star. In fact he's a similar version to Murdoch although this kid looks up when he kicks.

Awareness and vision are poor and he doesn't have many tricks. He's a running half back with poor defensive skills.

Brownless and Kreuger from that draft will become far better players.

He won't become a star. In fact he's a similar version to Murdoch although this kid looks up when he kicks.

Awareness and vision are poor and he doesn't have many tricks. He's a running half back with poor defensive skills.

I guess we see him differently , if you see him like Murda. Time will tell ..if he is getting a game this early one would expect ..if he stays fit he will get to 100 games a lot quicker than Murdoch. I like him but we still lack a strong group of young mids ..so I hope we add two or three this year.

I guess we see him differently , if you see him like Murda. Time will tell ..if he is getting a game this early one would expect ..if he stays fit he will get to 100 games a lot quicker than Murdoch. I like him but we still lack a strong group of young mids ..so I hope we add two or three this year.
Geelong supporters in general are easily excitable but become vicious when the worm turns. I feel for the kid when he doesn't live up to expectations.

Geelong supporters in general are easily excitable but become vicious when the worm turns. I feel for the kid when he doesn't live up to expectations.

To some degree..I think thats a result if being denied enough youth with talent. We have been on such a slim diet ..imagine if we had somehow have had P1 and ended up picking Patty McCartin. You need a critical mass of kids cause there will be churn.Clark was a P15 ..so one expects 100 games or its really been a fail.
After that how well he goes , to some degree ..how players develops in house is difficult to predeict by how they played when being one of the best on their junior side. We have a few players in our best side that may have been delisted if picked at 18 cause they took a lot longer to mature than others.

Talking of kids ..I tagged you in the D&T board OHenry on the bench for VC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This says it all really....

He's nothing like Murdoch....for a start he can deliver on either side, makes good decisions with the football in hand, and despite your assertion, has good vision and has very good hands.

Whether he becomes a "star" or not depends on your definition, but for an 18 year old coming off an interrupted pre-season, his performances to date have been excellent.

Give him a couple of uninterrupted pre-seasons, he could turn out to be a very very good player indeed.

He's nothing like Murdoch....for a start he can deliver on either side, makes good decisions with the football in hand, and despite your assertion, has good vision and has very good hands.

Whether he becomes a "star" or not depends on your definition, but for an 18 year old coming off an interrupted pre-season, his performances to date have been excellent.

Give him a couple of uninterrupted pre-seasons, he could turn out to be a very very good player indeed.
There are many similar versions of players to Murdoch. Some of which are very successful. It's a style of play, run the ball through defence, bounce and kick it. Its very attacking and gains a lot of meters. Just because Murdoch was ineffective at it, doesn't mean that it is an ineffective style overall. Wojo did it for us too. Jetta does it for the Eagles. The Hill boys do it. Isaac Smith does it too.

They are all, to some degree, versions of Murdoch.
john-malkovich-gq-0916-3x2.jpg

Lol

I get what you are saying. When Murdock was first playing this board was saying similar about him as they do with Clark.

I don't see him as a half back, sort of player who will leak goals. I'm hoping they develop him on the wing

I get what you are saying. When Murdock was first playing this board was saying similar about him as they do with Clark.

I don't see him as a half back, sort of player who will leak goals. I'm hoping they develop him on the wing
This board says the same about every young player.

Sunny side up, or over easy?
Nakkers has seen plenty over the duration at been right more often that not id say.

I just dont see this one ending up a W for him.

Go Catters

Bit of a gun. Goal kicking practice over summer though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back