Past Kade Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

There were a few games last year when I thought he was toast,kaput,donesky,scrapheap.
He played yesterday like he was 25 and twice his size.
Simmo uses his smarts and game wiseness better than anyone in the game currently.
He's like a the Commander of the smaller Battalion holding back his troops as the larger army charges them down.
"Hold fire,wait,keep your ground.....waiting......
OK,CHARGE BOYS....and don't leave one of these bastards standing"
His burst through the packs timing has been peerless this year.
250 is remarkable for a bloke of his stature.

The longer this guy keeps playing, with that almost heroic attitude he has, the more he starts to go close to becoming a legend of this club

That's a word I don't use lightly

But he's about to go past some major names in games played

So thE conversatiOn is valid

it's his stoic attitude during the dark times that inspires

He's the skinny wiry type and those types can play for years so I don't delude myself to think he won't be there in 2-3 years ...or even longer

Remember when he grew a beard and wasn't playing well and we all thought he sucked?

:D

I luv u Simpsy

Need to add...

He may not have the accolades of many other Carlton greats, but he grit his teeth and gave his all every week during our darkest days. Man-crush does not adequately describe how much I love this bloke.

(Even if he is a scallywag from the Gully...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Courageous and Fearless loves the club and plays for the jumper every week. Congrats on getting to 250 to a real club man who has been through our darkest days and hopefully is still around once we start being a threat again. Well done Simmo!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_BUMrWJBCYAECmZT.jpg

#ThePeoplesBeard

I think everyone has spoken about what a true champion Kade is. I don't think I can add much to that except that I've often felt that Kade was the the glue that kept this club and playing list stuck together, even through all the fought times, Malthouse's final season.

Also should applaud Simmo's work with Down Syndrome Victoria, a very worthy cause that he clearly passionately believes in.

Hoping we are able to play finals again before Simmo calls it a day :)

#WithAllTheChampions

All class, been through the dark days putting in 110% come out the other end an still doing it.
Deserves all the accolades going around.
We love ya Simmo ( braveheart).

It really is amazing someone of his stature has been so durable. Of course durability isn't his only attribute, his courage and heart is equally incredible.

Any bloke that gets told or thinks they're 'too small' to make it need only look at Kade Simpson

I still remember his first donut games and having discussions with some that he will make it because of.....guess sometimes you do get some right.:cool::p
AV documentation or it never happened.

It will seriously kill me when Kade hangs them up.

Deadset legend.

Goodonya Simmo.

I was gutted when scooter retired cuz simmo and scotty were awesome of their respective HB lines. I will actually mist up if he pulls the pin. I'm with Thy, he is durable (buggered if I know how cuz he gets poleaxed but keeps bouncing back up like those inflatable punching thingies), has CERTAINLY improved his decision making in the last 3-4 years with disposal efficiency, is a smart user in the way he can read the play (I believe Doc has learnt shedloads of him), back in the day when the teams arse was getting caned like 40 year old trans in a hellfire club he flew the flag.

If his body hold which there is nothing to suggest it wont, he will break 300 for the mighty CFC.

As someone said, spiritual Captain of CFC for about the last 8 years.

200 game highlights

Dirty Filth

Who can forget the beard story (JUST FOR MEBBY)

Last edited:
Pity i'm going to miss the game, but hoping I can watch the game in a sportsbar over here.

Tough life missing Simmo's milestone and Melbourne's putrid weather to enjoy a Honeymoon over in Hawaii with the better half, but I guess someone has to do it :)

Been my favourite player/footy hero ever since i started really following the baggers. Though, this was due in part to the fact he was from my hometown/played for my juniour club Emerald. Luckily for me #6 on the back of my guernsey turned out to be no-brainer, not just a hometown bias. This guy epitomizes what football is about - courage, determination, passion, never say die attitude - but luckily with a hefty skillset to boot.. (even noticed him kick with his right a bit of late - unheard of for a lefty!!).
No doubt in my mind that he is the spiritual leader of this club - also no doubt in the fact he has been the real captain of this side since Juddy handed it down to Murph.

Mr. reliable and deserves all the accolades bestowed upon him. (Deserves more imo).
I'd say he's AA halfback at this point during the season too.. Almost every contest he's been in this year he's won, regardless of the opposition's stature. His reading of the play is something special to watch, especially live.

Congrats to Simmo on 250 superb games for the club this weekend. You better believe i'll be there, possibly with a sneaky tear in the eye.

A big congrats to Slimmo! What an outstanding player & clubman. Hopefully we can salute this Sunday for his 250th.
The Power might have gained a little confidence after belting an ordinary Lions outfit yesterday so a milestone like this may just be what we need to lift the boys again & get us over the line for a fourth week in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back