Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant get that image out of my head.
One because it was Vickery.
Two because it was Lachy.
Three because it was a final.
Four because it was the Punt Rd end.
Five because we could all see it happening from the Olympic Stand.
And six all of the above.

It was the quintessential 'car accident'.

Horrible, but couldn't look away.

A lot of people in here have a very different view of Lachie Hansen to me. Courageous? Give me a break. Uncoordinated more like it. We persisted with him for too long. Good riddance.

My enduring memory of Lachie Hansen.

Fearless

Excellent commentary by Dennis on the mark against Collingwood
Glad Dennis has ****ed off

Excellent commentary by Dennis on the mark against Collingwood
Glad Dennis has ****** off

Up there with his commentary of Harpers goal against the Tigers.

Sprinted forty meters, never taking his eyes off the ball, no idea what was coming the other way.

A lot of people in here have a very different view of Lachie Hansen to me. Never really had it in my opinion. We persisted with him for too long. Good riddance.
Terrible way to see a great Shinboner out the door.

Injury stuffed him when he was career peaking and dominating in the air.

Best of luck Gold Loogie.

1503989616546162.gif

Best wishes to the laconic one. A true North Melbourne person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the pleasure of meeting him twice, and having a picture with him on both occasions, and a conversation on one of those occasions. Genuine down to earth bloke with a laid back attitude.

Will always be one of my modern day favourite shinboners. Good luck to the bloke wherever he ends up!

A bit sad to see the Gippsland boy go, felt like he never quite hit his potential but still a great contributor both on and off the field. Terrific bloke in person, sense of humour and enjoyed a chat. I'm not worried about his future, there are millions of acres of grass that need mowing back in Gippsland! Thanks Lachy!!:thumbsu:
BTW Kerry (who organised the BF Player Sponsorship for years) was a player sponsor of Lachy and she will be pretty sad to see him go as well.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back