Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Been an excellent club servant, those hip injuries really curtailed his progress just as he was starting to become elite for his position.

Have nothing but respect for the bloke, funny character, good clubman, good family man and as courageous as they come!

Thanks for going about your footy the shinboner way Lachie, and I seriously hope you get given a lifeline and extend your footy career for a few more years yet. Has too much too offer to be thrown to the scrap heap.

Injury probably hasn't helped the last couple of years, but take that out and he should be proud how he finished off the end of his time with us with some very solid football. Really hope he gets picked up by someone else.

Great clubman and true Shinboner, will miss ya Laconic One!

Thanks Lachie and best of luck in wherever footy and life takes you. True shinboner.

Only footballer I've had a selfie with, absolutely love the bloke.

Two abiding memories. First one vs Hawthorn in 2008 when he went back with the flight and marked, was tunnelled in the contest and basically landed on his head. But he held it.

Second one when he started the season really well in 2009, then in round six vs Richmond he strains his hammy, but pushes away the trainers to get to the next contest, tearing it in the process. No regard for his own health, just wanted to do his part for the team.

A doofus, but our doofus.

Best wishes Loogie

Think this says it best.

All the best to Lachie, who at his peak was up there with the McGoverns as the most efficient intercept marker in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a great 2014, standout best-on games against Hawthorn and *

Gave the club everything he had and should be proud of that.

Thanks Lachie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The end was pretty clear when he was turned inside out by Ty Vickery.
I cant get that image out of my head.
One because it was Vickery.
Two because it was Lachy.
Three because it was a final.
Four because it was the Punt Rd end.
Five because we could all see it happening from the Olympic Stand.
And six all of the above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back