Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree - looks like he might have needed a rest anyway. He wouldnt be anywhere near as fit as the rest of the team seeing he only completed his first pre season this year. A rest wont hurt him at all
If anyone needed continuity of football it's this bloke. And how can anyone require a rest at Round 4?

Because he isn't that fit yet and is still very young. I wouldn't rest him if he wasn't injured, just saying it won't do him any harm

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Perception is everything
And perception is an illusio-
ymoksibkx9eadqumsekd.gif

Does injury 10th April (Round 3)
Club states 2 weeks
Get to May 1st (3 weeks) and still no Taylor.
If he plays VFL this week it's effectively a 4 weeker.
Don't like this at all.
He won't be playing till May 8th at the earliest and im all for getting him right first and foremost- that's paramount. Can't afford him, Anderson, Turner and Thomas all out for extended periods.

Does injury 10th April (Round 3)
Club states 2 weeks
Get to May 1st (3 weeks) and still no Taylor.

If he plays VFL this week it's effectively a 4 weeker.
Don't like this at all.
He won't be playing till May 8th at the earliest and im all for getting him right first and foremost- that's paramount. Can't afford him, Anderson, Turner and Thomas all out for extended periods.
I don't really know why but LOLed at the first three lines.

Should be back this week at some level be it AFL or VFL. Listed as test
2 weeks at VFL then can consider for Carlton. Surely we after Turner doing his hammy the club won't be playing anyone until they are 110%. Nothing wrong with giving a guy an extra week rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks at VFL then can consider for Carlton. Surely we after Turner doing his hammy the club won't be playing anyone until they are 110%. Nothing wrong with giving a guy an extra week rest.

Especially someone who spent two years out with hamstring injuries.

Rushing him back would be idiotic in my opinion

Just as likely to get injured at VFL or afl level. No real difference bar playing on a worse surface

In a (relatively) 'unimportant' VFL game he can be managed i.e. play a half, have extended rests etc. which cannot be afforded at AFL level.

Forward Taylor Garner is expected to spend another three to four weeks on the sidelines as the club allows him more time to recover fully from a hamstring injury.

“His return will be a few weeks later than we initially had hoped, but he’s progressing well and should return to full training soon," Director of Football Geoff Walsh told NMFC.com.au.

“Given his recent history with hamstring injuries, we’re taking an ultra-cautious approach to ensure he is able to make an immediate impact upon his return.”

Meanwhile, Joel Tippett is set to make an early return from a back injury and could line up in the VFL this week.

The 27-year-old suffered a fracture in his back, known as a transverse process, on the eve of the VFL season.

“We’ll give Joel every chance to prove his fitness this week, and should he be declared fit, he will be considered,” Walsh said.

Teammate Sam Wright will face a series of tests over the next few days as he recovers from an ankle injury suffered in Friday night’s win over the Dogs.

“He’s still got a few hoops to jump through but we’re hopeful he’ll be available on Sunday.”

Forward Taylor Garner is expected to spend another three to four weeks on the sidelines as the club allows him more time to recover fully from a hamstring injury.

“His return will be a few weeks later than we initially had hoped, but he’s progressing well and should return to full training soon," Director of Football Geoff Walsh told NMFC.com.au.

“Given his recent history with hamstring injuries, we’re taking an ultra-cautious approach to ensure he is able to make an immediate impact upon his return.”

Meanwhile, Joel Tippett is set to make an early return from a back injury and could line up in the VFL this week.

The 27-year-old suffered a fracture in his back, known as a transverse process, on the eve of the VFL season.

“We’ll give Joel every chance to prove his fitness this week, and should he be declared fit, he will be considered,” Walsh said.

Teammate Sam Wright will face a series of tests over the next few days as he recovers from an ankle injury suffered in Friday night’s win over the Dogs.

“He’s still got a few hoops to jump through but we’re hopeful he’ll be available on Sunday.”
We all know that 3-4 weeks in NMFC language means 6 weeks+. Anyone willing to bet he will be back playing by round 9 or 10?

We all know that 3-4 weeks in NMFC language means 6 weeks+. Anyone willing to bet he will be back playing by round 9 or 10?
Ultra conservative with hammy's especially after the video footage of Geoff Walsh and the club Doctor..............clubs prefers to have 22 players playing a game rather be 1 man down after 6 minutes into a game. Nothing to be worried about.

Ultra conservative with hammy's especially after the video footage of Geoff Walsh and the club Doctor..............clubs prefers to have 22 players playing a game rather be 1 man down after 6 minutes into a game. Nothing to be worried about.

I'm a little worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back