VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously it's all relative. If he came down to my local club he'd walk straight into the ones as a ruckman and dominate, but he's crap at AFL level. It's as simple as that.

Yes but it is a rubbish Bigfooty hero way to say it.It is as simple as that.
How hard is it to say good VFL or Metro ruck. Not up to AFL level ?

Shouldnā€™t he be called ā€˜Shamckā€™, rather than ā€˜Smackā€™?

I have this dream, some might say a nightmare vision, of Smack walking to the podium on his rubber ankles to collect a premiers medal... Josh Green is in the background bouncing up and down like a ginger bonobo in a ā€˜feministā€™ cap .... later they array all 22 medals along the capacious real estate of Shamckā€™s neck. I should stop eating so much cheese.

A crap footballer does not have games where he is one of the top 3 dominant players on the field. He has done this numerous times in both the AFL and the VFL and even the mickey mouse of a game AFLX. His issue is confidence and focus, not talent and certainly not athletic ability.
A crap footballer doesn't last as long as he does in this league with many people vastly more qualified in their opinion then a casual fan giving him chances to string together consistently the good form he has shown he is capable of.

Loving this thread. Too many corners of the bigfooty bomberverse are full of 300 straight posts about how Aaron Francis is a gun but needs to get fitter. I feel like in Smack we have found a spark, something important to disagree about.. that perfect dividing line between the glass being half full and almost entirely empty.

Like the drug itself, Smack has a long history of delivering brief but super intense highs followed by shaky, listless periods followed by begging for another shot at it.

They say intermittent reinforcement is the strongest kind. The list team gets bored of steady mediocrity (Jackson Merrett excluded) but they can't ever really give up the Smack.

And why would you? I love him. Totally agree with Mercurial89. He's such a weird unit. It's not ability - it's belief. There's hope. Smack really could click and in fact may have already.

Team improvement needs to come from somewhere. Win a ******* final. Bah. Screw the incremental approach. Imagine a year that involved us getting something massive out of someone unexpected. It's not going to be Aaron Francis. It's not going to be Jayden Laverde.

Smack, Stewart, Daniher forward. Hooker back. Yes please.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Everyone go out and buy a Smack bumper sticker and poster for the office. Let's make this guy a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is Mckerban would quite easily be the second best KPF on Richmond's list .

Makes you think that even though he was a spud they'd be fairly annoyed at Griffiths leaving .

Loving this thread. Too many corners of the bigfooty bomberverse are full of 300 straight posts about how Aaron Francis is a gun but needs to get fitter. I feel like in Smack we have found a spark, something important to disagree about.. that perfect dividing line between the glass being half full and almost entirely empty.

Like the drug itself, Smack has a long history of delivering brief but super intense highs followed by shaky, listless periods followed by begging for another shot at it.

They say intermittent reinforcement is the strongest kind. The list team gets bored of steady mediocrity (Jackson Merrett excluded) but they can't ever really give up the Smack.

And why would you? I love him. Totally agree with Mercurial89. He's such a weird unit. It's not ability - it's belief. There's hope. Smack really could click and in fact may have already.

Team improvement needs to come from somewhere. Win a ******* final. Bah. Screw the incremental approach. Imagine a year that involved us getting something massive out of someone unexpected. It's not going to be Aaron Francis. It's not going to be Jayden Laverde.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Everyone go out and buy a Smack bumper sticker and poster for the office. Let's make this guy a star.
Smack bumper sticker ideas - "Nick Nat Paddy wack hit them up with Smack"

I have heard he's been keeping a diary about his incredible ability to survive being delisted.

Apparently he's going to call it "The diary of a young guy" given the remarkable similarity the story of Anne Frank.

It will have a different ending when he storms out of hiding in the VFL and destroys the competition this year.

Good post! May it all weirdly come true. Solid Hunter S. Thompson quote too, I kind of feel that Smack might be the type of unmentionably weird apparition that might stalk your ether nightmares...

Out of all the guys at our club, he's the one I'd least like to be tackled by... Jeez he takes no prisoners, hits hard
I don't know about that

lLoYQR2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back