Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

northbergs

All Australian
Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I realise that getting a no. 1 pick may titillate some members of the media in the short term, but we already have Thomas who can do things that no one else in the league can and Zurhaar who is probably one of the most left of field and likeable characters going around. Adding to them will be great but it won’t change a thing. North won’t get extra Friday night games until we are bashing the door down going for a premiership.

Listen to how lackadaisical the commentators are when one of young guns flies for a mark, when we go coast to coast for a goal or when Cam kicks a bullshit goal. It’s basically crickets compared to other hyped media darlings.

Horne-Francis will help generate some interest, but most importantly will help us win games.

Apologies for being a downer.

You’re spot on, there’s plenty of X-factor players on our list already which the media will fawn over once we start ‘bashing down the door’ of the top 8/top 4. Thomas, Zurhaar, LDU, Stephenson, Ford, et al.

Not to mention Powell, Phillips, Atu, Curtis who all bring something different to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Generally don’t value Randell’s opinion but what he is right about is that he’ll be our Voss, Buckley, Danger, etc.

End of the day, if you want to be on prime time then you need something worth watching and JHF will provide that. Reckon he is already good for an extra Friday night game next season.

100% agree with this.

Those who questioned us not taking the Richmond/Adelaide deals (Lloyd, Kane and Sos to name a few), failed to see what he will bring off field. The number 1 pick in itself brings more exposure for our club, excitement for fans, increase in members, selling merchandise. If he can then become an elite player it increases those areas even more, plus it puts bums on seats and better time slots.

North haven’t had a top 10 player in the league since Carey. That’s a pretty sad state of affairs and the reason for this is largely due to not investing in the draft for 20 odd years. Finally whether it is JHF or another one of our elite young talents, we are in position where our list could potentially win a flag.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
100% agree with this.

Those who questioned us not taking the Richmond/Adelaide deals (Lloyd, Kane and Sos to name a few), failed to see what he will bring off field. The number 1 pick in itself brings more exposure for our club, excitement for fans, increase in members, selling merchandise. If he can then become an elite player it increases those areas even more, plus it puts bums on seats and better time slots.

North haven’t had a top 10 player in the league since Carey. That’s a pretty sad state of affairs and the reason for this is largely due to not investing in the draft for 20 odd years. Finally whether it is JHF or another one of our elite young talents, we are in position where our list could potentially win a flag.

I know so many latent Roos fans who sort of haven't bothered since Carey left the building. Putting on an exciting show would see them all surge back.

I suspect that the club has never entertained the idea of trading pick 1, just media build up. I hope that media buildup stays around JHF, we need it so we return to relevance as a team. You're right about that it could be another one of our elite mids which could bring fans back, guess LDU and Thomas have the flair in their game which the media would highlight.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did they really throw everything though? Our 2nd for Melbourne’s 1st almost cancels itself out.

So it’s a top 5 with no real standout at that pick and whatever pick they land next year for what looks like a sure fire elite player of the future.
Well if our 2nd is right next to Melb 1st, we’ll be advancing our 2nd pick a spot to make way for PP2 .
As much as I didn’t mind the spoon in 2021 , wanna be clear I don’t want it in 2022 . Hoping for 7-9 wins

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well if our 2nd is right next to Melb 1st, we’ll be advancing our 2nd pick a spot to make way for PP2 .
As much as I didn’t mind the spoon in 2021 , wanna be clear I don’t want it in 2022 . Hoping for 7-9 wins

Suspect no Roos supporter wants that. We came in with a bunch of new players, a new game style, and all this off the back of a little over a month of training.

The 2nd half of this year should be a good indication of what 2022 looks like so 7-9 seems feasible.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ive got $100 on us making the 8.
My mate gave me 10-1.
Injuries are the key.
If we have a good run 8th is possible.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I'm tired of this godfather offer thing.

After all and said and done the deal assuming same ladder positions was:

Out
2021 #1
2022 #19

In
2021 #6 (post bids)
2022 #4
2022 #18

With the later picks cancelling each other out.

They can GAGF with the narrative that this show Jason how much the crows valued him.

That offer probably wouldn't even get the deal done if it was Cameron Rayner sitting at #1 let alone a kid who comes with as much potential as anyone in recent history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we offer #18 to JHF?

It might get a little awkward on draft night when Wayne Carey breaks interstate travel laws and turns up outside his door.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
18 plus being taken at the number 1 pick is a lot of expectation to be placed on his shoulders.

let him take his pick of any number he wants, imo. I'd like to see him in number 6 but maybe he'd prefer 27, 18, 14, or even 69. Maybe he can keep the 33 he wore at South Adelaide, and Patrick Walker can move up the order.

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
100% agree with this.

> Daniel and Todd enter the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back