• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Simpson can be lauded for 300 games of shitful disposal, I think the guy who inherited his jumper can be given some slack.

Richmond's pressure on our ball carriers extended to Jack on the weekend, where they knew exactly what he'd be (trying to) do, with his raking right foot kicks down the wing. He didn't adjust, balk or create more space or options for himself. Live and learn.

That's the thing though. He never learns, he has been making the same mistakes for the last 5 seasons.

hahaha....Matty Capuano, limited footballer but a premiership player. What I'd give to have him plugging away filling a hole on lower end of the salary cap and using the spare cash left over from Goldy's salary elsewhere, say on some elite midfield talent.

hahaha....Matty Capuano, limited footballer but a premiership player. What I'd give to have him plugging away filling a hole on lower end of the salary cap and using the spare cash left over from Goldy's salary elsewhere, say on some elite midfield talent.

Oh dear you had to sneak in a Goldy comment didnt you.:)

How many times in 2015 did I get smacked about over Gomer Pyle

hang on I'll just grab my trusty abacus.....

373 times I count.

images

upload_2017-6-11_19-10-47.jpeg

Yeah ok play through :)

He's a 120 plus season tackler,90 odd mark ( we don't overuse the ball) 500 odd disposal footballer per season. Runs at 2% less DE than Dusty Martin and one less possession.

Yeah he's had some poor games and as others have stated would be awesome in a side with better midfield support. Love me JZ I do.

Back to Jack....when the time comes this year, after this round who knows now when the innerscrotum decide to pull up stumps and experiment I just hope they trial him as a general down back .....play Jmac on the wing and thrown the pieces around a bit.

Back to Jack....when the time comes this year, after this round who knows now when the innerscrotum decide to pull up stumps and experiment I just hope they trial him as a general down back .....play Jmac on the wing and thrown the pieces around a bit.

Will he be able to keep up with the forwards or played as the loose

He's a 120 plus season tackler,90 odd mark ( we don't overuse the ball) 500 odd disposal footballer per season. Runs at 2% less DE than Dusty Martin and one less possession.

Yeah he's had some poor games and as others have stated would be awesome in a side with better midfield support. Love me JZ I do.

It all comes back to expectation. People wanted him to be an absolute elite player, so can't accept he is still a very good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id play him as the loose tbh.......he could fly in, impact contests etc .....he'd put the fear of god into the opposition forward line.

It would be mayhem with back there for both teams - could see him crunching packs smashing forwards but could see him taking our players out in comical fashion as well.

Would be good to see how his ball distribution is from back there. Need a defender that has the aggots to take it on when kicking out - instead of safety first

It would be mayhem with back there for both teams - could see him crunching packs smashing forwards but could see him taking our players out in comical fashion as well.

Would be good to see how his ball distribution is from back there. Need a defender that has the aggots to take it on when kicking out - instead of safety first
He has a roosting kick , if allowed that extra time he needs to launch it, it could be a weapon. and generally he is already facing the correct direction to begin with.

Id play him as the loose tbh.......he could fly in, impact contests etc .....he'd put the fear of god into the opposition forward line.

The Hodge role.

Jack should start loose in the backline and run where he likes.

Occasionally go through the middle.

Has bard got that plan B in him

I am big on rotating Lachie and Jack back and forward. Especially next year with Waite gone and no suitable replacement ready.

If we play a Richmond type side, then Jack stays back and Lachie goes forward. If the opposition have marking power high up their forward line, then switch them around, and get Lachie to intercept. Jack goes forward.

We have seen Scott swing it about a fraction recently......Hansen seen forward this year at times as an example. Jack could do this as well. Thinking it could be Hansen's last year at the club.

I am big on rotating Lachie and Jack back and forward. Especially next year with Waite gone and no suitable replacement ready.

If we play a Richmond type side, then Jack stays back and Lachie goes forward. If the opposition have marking power high up their forward line, then switch them around, and get Lachie to intercept. Jack goes forward.
Were definitely thinking similar Tef.....I feel Waite if head is in right spot has another year in him.

The Hodge role.

Jack should start loose in the backline and run where he likes.

Occasionally go through the middle.
Had similar thoughts but I'm not sure we can afford a loose man down back. Hodge was really effective in a premiership winning team that was as disciplined as they come. We are not quite there yet.
Its been said before but Jack is that in tight player, he doesn't have explosive speed, looks like hes about to have a cardiac arrest when chasing down players..lets accept his limitations and appreciate the value add.

Agree that you could run him through the midfield in bursts but rest him in a forward pocket. If we jag Kelly then that silk outside will highlight Cunners and JZs inside work.

Had similar thoughts but I'm not sure we can afford a loose man down back.

:D

We play with one just about all the time. It's usually Hansen or MacMillan.

The reason we can't "afford" to have Jack back is because we are so bloody skinny in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back