Senior 7. Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

He played like 6 games last year and would have been in our top 5 for 5 of those games. I have no idea how the guy got in the dog house so bad
I don't think that he is in the dog house at all. He took a demotion to the rookie list and a pay cut to stay at the club and so that we would have some extra dollars to pay for Saad and/or Williams. I think that Setterfield might be in a bit of trouble though. If Kennedy plays

Yes, retain him on a new contract. He may be a little slow, but he makes up for it with his hardness, attack on the ball, and marking ability. You just need these types of players on you list if none other than for depth.😐
As I said in the autopsy thread, Kennedy is like McLean. Not the fastest in the world, but he knows where to run which appears to have increased his speed this year.

Should never had been placed on the rookie list. I hope he doesn’t get enticed elsewhere but it wouldn’t surprise me.
He and Eddie both took a demotion to the rookie list to open up the spots on the senior list for Saad and Williams. he isn't going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but I would like to see his performance ascend over a number of weeks rather than play well first up and play worse until he is dropped
Well based off the last couple of weeks he clearly can play. And if he showed some average performances straight up then he likely would have already made way, especially seeing Teague’s past reluctance to play him (and probably delisted at the end of the year too)

The big bodied midfielder we've been crying out for all year

Yes. Re-sign. Easy yes.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he can play and he'll cost next to nothing to keep around.

The answer to the question is a clear yes. Should be kept on for another year at least.
I thnk that Setterfields inability to affect the contest will ensure that Kennedy is kept on... at the expense of Setters. Although... if Dow and SPS keep building through the middle... we might see Setters start to grow under the direction of Powers.

I thnk that Setterfields inability to affect the contest will ensure that Kennedy is kept on... at the expense of Setters. Although... if Dow and SPS keep building through the middle... we might see Setters start to grow under the direction of Powers.

Setterfield won't be cut.

Do you know this as fact, Dram?

Eddie I could understand, not a bloke still trying to establish himself though
This is what I found from the Carlton website.

This is what I found from the Carlton website.

I remember reading that article, thought it hinted at Eddie moving onto the RL to help us out but didn’t think the same applied to MK, more so that he didn’t have another option..

Still though, I’m happy to have kept him and would like to see him on our list next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back