Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately some people would almost rather someone fail so that they're proved correct rather than have their assessment of a player contradicted and it benefit the team. The bloke has done everything right since his position change (my guess is that a hard conversation was had and he was given a month to prove himself in his preferred position). Need to reward that and give him a shot.

At worst, we give a serviceable player a send off game. At best, we unearth a 25 year old mid with a new lease on their game.

In fairness I don't think HOF is one of those people though. I was more commenting on any player having the opportunity to redeem their career based on performance. Think HOF was focusing on more on the odds of Nathan actually achieving that.

Unfortunately some people would almost rather someone fail so that they're proved correct rather than have their assessment of a player contradicted and it benefit the team. The bloke has done everything right since his position change (my guess is that a hard conversation was had and he was given a month to prove himself in his preferred position). Need to reward that and give him a shot.

At worst, we give a serviceable player a send off game. At best, we unearth a 25 year old mid with a new lease on their game.

No issues if he gets picked on merit but I don’t think he warrants a send off game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Us looking to Hrovat to fix our midfield is an indicator of how badly this season has gone.

Except, no one is claiming that.

You really do post a lot of drivel for a self proclaimed critic.

Except, no one is claiming that.
he may be what the midfield needs to start winning clearances.
Simply two posts before mine. You were probably getting too worked up thinking about what people might be saying about you in another thread to keep your eyes focused. Got your back dw.
You really do post a lot of drivel for a self proclaimed critic.
Never claimed to be a critic, merely a poster.

Simply two posts before mine. You were probably getting too worked up thinking about what people might be saying about you in another thread to keep your eyes focused. Got your back dw.

Nothing you said was unreasonable HoF.

Yeah.

One that misconstrues and criticises other posters, whilst never putting up anything of value themselves.

Last edited:
Can see him probably getting a gig with a lot of guys either gassed or injured or both.

Good numbers for several weeks in the magoos whilst playing in his preferred position indicates he's probably done as much as he can to earn a possie and you can't do more than that.

I won't be surprised or particularly upset if he comes in and I also won't be surprised if we don't see him at all.

Good luck to the bloke either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being selected tonight suggests his papers have been stamped. Pretty s**t to give him a whirl in the midfield too late, after it was made known that it is his preferred position. Has done everything right since the move, but oh well.

Sadly for him he doesn’t fix our biggest midfield issue of defensively deficient, one paced mids.

He's too small and not dynamic enough to play as an inside mid at AFL level, something which we're clearly already aware of. Sucks for Nathan, but he gave it all he had and made a solid career of it. Smart bloke too, I'm sure he'll do well outside of footy.

I feel bad for Rat.

I acknowledge his physical shortcomings, but I still don't reckon he got a fair go.

Agreed. He might not have made it.

But, for the club to already make up their mind on him, THEN give him a shot in the position he's been vocal about wanting to play in - and then having him tear it up in that position - is fairly harsh.

I tend to agree with the view that he hasn't been given enough chance to show what he can do in the position he appears most suited.

Having said that, I have no fear that he will make us regret letting him go by tearing it up at another club. On the other hand, I do fear that if we were to trade Mason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back