Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going through this thread where I last left off more then a week ago.
I agree, this guy is super cool under pressure, delivers the ball well on foot, has great awareness in congestion.
A notable replacement for the hole Boomer and Wells left.
A very important player for us transitioning coast to coast.
Reminds me of Higgins.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I was thinking more of a poor mans Boomer.

I was thinking more of a poor mans Boomer.

Hard to tell 44 games
He's a neat player, smart and composed, a good user but will likely always lack penetration in his kicking and doesn't have the burst of pace Boomer had. Glad we got him, excellent Boomer replacement for the price, but also not really a Boomer replacement (hoping that will be Simpkin).

He's a neat player, smart and composed, a good user but will likely always lack penetration in his kicking and doesn't have the burst of pace Boomer had. Glad we got him, excellent Boomer replacement for the price, but also not really a Boomer replacement (hoping that will be Simpkin).
Except Simpkin will actually be capable of defensive pressure.:stern look

I agree, he has poise and very good decision making. Fills the hole we have somewhat with Boomer, Wells and Dal. Higgins playing more mid, combined with Hrovat has eased this deficiency a bit.
I'm a Hrovat fan

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He does enough.

He will be a more valuable footballer when we carry better players.

I am perplexed by the criticism.

I was actually considering giving him a vote!

I reckon he shows a little bit more every time he plays and will become a potent weapon when we get the midfield sorted.

I am perplexed by the criticism.

I was actually considering giving him a vote!

I reckon he shows a little bit more every time he plays and will become a potent weapon when we get the midfield sorted.

Really? He's a 20 meter player. Doesn't kick goals, doesn't tackle and doesn't set up enough goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing in our forwardline (a tough ask) and averages a couple less disposals per game than Dumont, who spends most of his time in the guts. Is clean with his disposal and a good decision maker. Of course the North Board cry that the former guy isn't doing enough and won't make it in our current best 22, yet they are adamant that the latter is going to be a first-change midfielder in a Top 4 side.

Nafan is the kinda player that looks better on the outside of a good midfield where he will get more ball in better positions and will be able to hit the 30-40 meter passes under less pressure. Basically Boomer lite. No shame in that.

Agree and with Ahern and Kelly coming in, JZ needing a spot, Jacobs, wright, Macmillian, Williams , williams and Wood. Aint no way he survives with best 22 available.

Will have a short AFL career.
Haha Ahern hasn't even played a frigin game Jacobs hasn't played for nearly 2 years probably past it at 25 only good for tagging . Ziebal just a hack in the mid field suited better up forward Wright never right always injured hast played for ages injury prone and McMillan hot and cold so I reckon Hrovat is safe and easily in the best 22 not sure if you're Nostradamus or just wishful thinking . He has been a shinning light this year like Williams . So much s**t written about this guy that he's no good . He's been good and will only get better . He will play 150+ games for North..

Last edited:
I like Hrovat.
He has eyes and brain for footy.
distance accuracy is much better than when he started.
better decision, create score, nice delivery to inside 50.
will be best 22 (ahead of jy, turner, mountford, clark, zurhaar) next year, too.

Very strange time to criticise.

I will point out a fact that often slips supporters' minds. He isn't a mature age recruit. It feels like he is because he plays with such (imo) composure and class, combined with the fact he came from another club, he seems much older than he is.

Here's some names:
Taylor Garner
Ben Brown
Mason Wood
Jed Anderson
Marley Williams

Rat is younger than all of them! Whenever Wood or Garner have stinkers I'm reassured that they are still young and have plenty of time. When Hrovat has a stinker (which isn't often mind you), it seems like he cops a fair bit more than what others do, and people write him off far too quickly. Write him off at your own peril. Will be a very handy footy player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back