Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks the goods but it is form from a couple of praccy matches. Let's not get too excited yet. Hopefully it is signs of good things to come but we need to see that form in real games. I am hopeful.
True but he has ticked every box so far including the Werribee game and is a lock for round 1.
That quick snap in the last game along the ground was very nice indeed and shows what poise he has under pressure.
Also being fully fit and knowing he is in our best 22 must be great for his confidence. He looks like he is honestly enjoying himself so far.

True but he has ticked every box so far including the Werribee game and is a lock for round 1.
That quick snap in the last game along the ground was very nice indeed and shows what poise he has under pressure.
Also being fully fit and knowing he is in our best 22 must be great for his confidence. He looks like he is honestly enjoying himself so far.
I'm with you - just been smacked down by getting ahead of myself. Looks an excellent pick up.

Will be looked on as one of the pickups of the season at the end of the year, competition wide imo.

I think if he isn't already, it won't be long before he is one of our most important players. Provided he keeps tracking the way he is at the moment. Sure ball users who can kick goals are very handy indeed

Hope he spends more time in the midfield than he has in the two JLT games. Elite runner, beautiful skills.

Would like to see Hrovat and Ziebell Rotate with one another through midfield and half forward. That would cause some headaches for any half back.

Speedy half forward with agility, swapping with a tall powerful overhead marking half forward. Perfect.

Nathan Hrovat

Last 10 players to wear No.8
Daniel Wells (2003-16) 243 games
Joe McLaren (2001) 12 games
Robert Scott (1995-2000) 113 games
Brad Sholl (1994) 1 game
Robert Pyman (1993) 11 games
Liam Pickering (1992) 3 games
Andrew Krakouer (1990) 6 games
Phil Krakouer (1982-89) 141 games
Roy Ramsay (1980-81) 17 games
Brent Crosswell (1975-79) 76 games

Nathan Hrovat is North player No.995
Player 95 – Cyril Kemp (1929-31) 30 games
Player 195 – Jim Jeffers (1935) 2 games
Player 295 – Ron Smith (1942-44) 33 games
Player 395 – Rob McEwen (1947) 1 game
Player 495 – Ken Fyffe (1958-61) 37 games
Player 595 – Len Peterson (1967-68) 8 games
Player 695 – Craig Davis (1977-78) 10 games
Player 795 – Brett Mackenzie (1988) 1 game
Player 895 – Daniel Motlop (2001-05) 47 games

Alphabetically he comes between
Ron Howell (1941-42) 9 games
Jackie Huggard (1946) 7 games

All Nathans to play for North
Nathan Thompson (2005-08) 60 games
Nathan Grima (2009-14) 86 games
Nathan O’Keefe (2010) 2 games

All N.H. initials to play for North
Neville Heffernan (1929-30) 6 games
Neville Huggins (1931-35) 86 games
Neil Hasell (1940) 2 games

Last 10 players to play for the Bulldogs and North
Farren Ray (2016) 4 games
Shaun Higgins (2015- ) 33 games
Sam Power (2008-09) 39 games
Jade Rawlings (2006) 3 games
Scott Welsh (1996-99) 36 games
Keenan Reynolds (1995-96) 12 games
Greg Eppelstun (1993) 1 game
Jose Romero (1988-94) 89 games
Tim Harrington (1984-86) 20 games
Bill Berry (1984-85) 12 games

We are going to ruin this guy if we pigeonhole him as a forward.

Needs to become part of the midfield rotation as does Turner.

Problem is that we have a mids in there *cough Swallow* that we can't hide anywhere else. So instead of playing Hrovat through the rotations and forward we have what we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd he go on the weekend, I didn't catch your game?

I think he'll be a decent player for you guys, good user of the ball and you got him for nothing.

His only fault (injuries aside) was playing in a premiership team that had an abundance of his type of player.

I think he'll be a decent player for you guys, good user of the ball and you got him for nothing.

His only fault (injuries aside) was playing in a premiership team that had an abundance of his type of player.
He was ok. He seems more the end of the chain than meat n potatoes so can go missing if the team ain't being clean and performing. Given it wasa scrappy game he didn't really get going.

H

e had a huge opportunity to stamp himself inside the team by doing those 1%'s that stand out in a game. Didnt do it and finds himself amongst a large group of players that did SFA throughout the game. > Disappointing 1st up would be my verdict.

Yeah not sure how Hrovat is being picked out as one of our bad players today.

Wasn't exactly ground breaking but far, far from bad.
In wantto see a lot more from him defensively and more effectiveness with his disposal. 0 tackles today a large part of his job ia to apply F50 pressure.

Today he played like boomer but without the offensive and creative impact. So pretty meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back