Toast 83 tackles!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tackling and pressure puts you in a good position to compete - thats the standard we should be aspiring to.

That second qtr was ruthless.

Sensational effort. After Sundays performance, I tipped North to beat Sydney. We look ten times better than Sydney at the moment. We look harder and fitter than Sydney and I hope Thompson destroys Franklin to pieces. Imagine we had Swallow in our side...

Lindsay+Thomas+Ben+Cunnington+AFL+Rd+3+North+o5exZ_non34x.jpg

In terms of stats... does LT and Cunners get credited with a tackle each, and does this count as two tackles for the team stats?
Does a player get credited a tackle when an opposition player is on the ground and 3-4 players jump on top and lock it in?

I need to revisit Dwayne Russell's commentary of this stat.

I think it went: "That's a world record. For a Brad Scott coached team. In dry conditions".

WTF?

Can confirm this after checking Guinness World Record book.

Loved the harder edge to the side and getting angry in the tackle.

LT is just a maniac in his attack in the tackle
One knock on LT's tackling. When he swings the arm out, he tends to get the opponent around the neck.

Love the ferocity, just needs to hit the tackle lower at times.

In terms of stats... does LT and Cunners get credited with a tackle each, and does this count as two tackles for the team stats?
Does a player get credited a tackle when an opposition player is on the ground and 3-4 players jump on top and lock it in?

Regarding the double tackle, it's the first person to get in the motion of a tackle, eg; wrapping your arms around the opponent. The second person coming in to help I think it's put down as a 1%er.

No one is credited a tackle for the 'stacks on' rule, but rather the person who gets his hand on the ball and is at the bottom of a pack gets a 'Hard Ball Get'.

Hope this helped.

Sent from the future using Marty McFly

Sensational effort. After Sundays performance, I tipped North to beat Sydney. We look ten times better than Sydney at the moment. We look harder and fitter than Sydney and I hope Thompson destroys Franklin to pieces. Imagine we had Swallow in our side...

This tinkering of the game plan will suit Swallow down to the ground. I reckon he will be in seventh heaven when he joins in this new tacklefest side to our play.

Lindsay literally charges at people who have the ball.

He really does, and it stands out like dogs balls this year. I'm loving him zeroing in on a target at full pace. Its Byronesque, minus the body count.

Regarding the double tackle, it's the first person to get in the motion of a tackle, eg; wrapping your arms around the opponent. The second person coming in to help I think it's put down as a 1%er.

No one is credited a tackle for the 'stacks on' rule, but rather the person who gets his hand on the ball and is at the bottom of a pack gets a 'Hard Ball Get'.

Hope this helped.

Serious question, what is the difference between a 1% er and a pressure act ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope this helped.

Thanks mate - I have always wondered about the 2nd man in. Cheers

87 today. For the third week running we've out-possessed and out-tackled the opposition.

Here's a close look at a few of our players who could have been considered posting below average tackle numbers for their position in 2013

Average tackles per game 2013 - 2014
Bastinac: 3.2 to 5.25
Gibson: 2.00 to 4.25
Hansen: 1.25 to 3.25
Harvey: 2.7 to 3.75
Wells: 2.36 to 3.50

Nice.

87 today. For the third week running we've out-possessed and out-tackled the opposition.

Here's a close look at a few of our players who could have been considered posting below average tackle numbers for their position in 2013

Nice.
Cunners gone from 5 - 7 I think.

Nice.
I saw we'd gone to 87.

I reckon Lachie was very happy with that monster tackle he laid and was rewarded for and nice one by Ben10 on Spuddy and I was rapt to see the way Wellsy tackled today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I saw we'd gone to 87.

I reckon Lachie was very happy with that monster tackle he laid and was rewarded for and nice one by Ben10 on Spuddy and I was rapt to see the way Wellsy tackled today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Wells has tackled like a madman the last two games.

Love the tackles. Love the smothers. Love the defensive game style. The lingering nerves of last year are fading away! I'm actually starting to expect the next player to come in and lay a massive tackle. Great to watch!

Wells has tackled like a madman the last two games.
I am not sure if I have ever seen Wellsy tackle like he has the past two weeks. There is some venom.

Not only is the tackle count off the charts but the standard of them is far improved since round 1. As MagicalRoos said, it is nice to see another one of our off season coaching acquisitions paying early dividends. :thumbsu:

Looks like the new tackling coach has already paid for itself.

He is the old tackling coach, we were the first AFL club to get him across from the NRL back in the Laidley era and we were one of the better tackling teams back then.

I'm so glade we have added this to our game, I hated watching other teams that pressure and tackle time and time again cuz it Made me envious. I lve watching teams that do this it's great to watch. And now our team dose this, that part alone from last year to this will win us so many more games.

Also there are some seriously big tackles being laid that would hurt.

I'm so glade we have added this to our game, I hated watching other teams that pressure and tackle time and time again cuz it Made me envious. I lve watching teams that do this it's great to watch. And now our team dose this, that part alone from last year to this will win us so many more games.

Also there are some seriously big tackles being laid that would hurt.

And our best tackler and biggest mid have barely played as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back