Roast A contributing reason as to why we lost - you

Remove this Banner Ad

It has been shown that in the past, our team feeds off the energy of the crowd, the crowd feeds off the success of the team, and it goes up and up.

But when we have so many fairweather supporters who don't turn up to games, especially after an amazing win the previous game, it hurts the team. They're not as hungry, they feel like they're only outside for themselves, like a souless coperation, instead of playing for a real football club.

If only we had 5-7 more thousand people there, the atmosphere would of improved, and the team would of lifted to the occassion greater.

I am dissapointed.

Note - It may seem ironic that I'm singling out those who didn't go, but at least I gave me season ticket to another Crows fan to enjoy.

Sorry, flights from WA arent so cheap these days..........:eek:

I must admit though, I did comment that our crowd looked small today, thought it "grew" a bit after the second quarter

Fremantle out played us. When it looked like we were about to make a come back in that 3rd quarter, we kept missing in front of big sticks :thumbsdown: The players looked slow, fumbly and soft

Oh and Sandiland smashed us

The crowd doesnt make our players perform the most basic of skill errors under little pressure but I understand what youre getting at. As soon as it started raining its just like crowds in SA stay home.

Fremantle out played us. When it looked like we were about to make a come back in that 3rd quarter, we kept missing in front of big sticks :thumbsdown: The players looked slow, fumbly and soft

Oh and Sandiland smashed us

Pretty much.

We bought our tackling game early, something that has been missing.

Brings inferred pressure.

a) People spend $1500 on a fat screen TV
b) On top of that a lot spend $60 a month on Foxtel where they can watch it live
c) The general standard of play and umpiring in AFL footy is pretty average

Pretty easy to work out why they stay home on a rainy day - it doesn't mean as much as what it used to.

yeah i dont think flying to adelaide to watch the footy on my missus birthday is a wise choice...

LOL!

Clutching at straws much?

Our players were pathetic and insipid...no other reason for the loss!

If crowds were an issue the PAPs would never win a game...

If crowds were an issue the PAPs would never win a game...

Nor would the Bullies......

As I said, if the fans can influence our players so much that they make pathetic skill errors then lets put massive speakers up around the ground blasting out crowd noise instead of muffled music.

It has been shown that in the past, our team feeds off the energy of the crowd, the crowd feeds off the success of the team, and it goes up and up.

But when we have so many fairweather supporters who don't turn up to games, especially after an amazing win the previous game, it hurts the team. They're not as hungry, they feel like they're only outside for themselves, like a souless coperation, instead of playing for a real football club.

If only we had 5-7 more thousand people there, the atmosphere would of improved, and the team would of lifted to the occassion greater.

I am dissapointed.

Note - It may seem ironic that I'm singling out those who didn't go, but at least I gave me season ticket to another Crows fan to enjoy.

and you didn't go yourself?

twat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today had nothing to do with the crowd and everything to do with the mind set and work rate. So many players had possibly the worst game of their respective careers and that nothing to do with the crowd and everything to do with the pride they take in their performance.

The work rate and hardness around the contest in that first half was well below par. Simply unacceptable.

why is it that every time a team loses to us, all of their players have had the worst game of their career..... :confused: adelaide were bad today, clearly outworked, but that happened for a reason.... its not like you lost to west coast

The weather was better then I thought it would be. There was only a few light showers but it was windy.

Thought what we dished up in the first half silenced us. Then those missed goals in the 3rd quarter really made the crowd believe the game was over. Cannot blame supporters for an insipid performance.

and both teams plyed in it.:D
We were shit and need punishing.
I wasn't using the weather as an excuse for our lazy pitiful performance by some players today. Some of our fans would have seen the rain in the morning and used that for an excuse for not turning up.
I'm thankful we didn't play Collingwood or Geelong today because if we did we would have lost by over 100pts.

One of the more ridiculous threads on BF, and thats saying something! :eek:

I guess it is my fault, how selfish of me not to think fo the team while i was at work, in WA, when i should have flown over :cool:

And the OP didn't even go himself. Thread fail.

I would've thought that not too many teams win after having to make 4 forced changes to their team from the previous match. One only hopes we don't keep having to do this - though of course, Davis now gone also for a significant part of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back