Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Men Round 8 and after the announcement earlier in the week that the Grand Final will be staged in Sydney for the next three years the fans are pissed and will be staging walkouts. The big Melbourne Derby will be a silent affair after 20mins. We also have another F3 derby a rescheduled match from round one after that match was postponed due to floods.

A-League Round 8

Friday 16th December
Newcastle Jets V Brisbane Roar 7:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm EST, McDonald Jones stadium

Saturday 17th December
Wellington Phoenix V Adelaide United 1:00pm ESDT, 3:00pm NZLT, 2:30pm CSDT, Sky Stadium
Central Coast Mariners V Sydney F.C 5:00pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium
Melbourne City V Melbourne Victory 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Sunday 18th December
Western United V Western Sydney Wanderers 3:00pm ESDT, AAMI Park
Macarthur F.C V Perth Glory 5:00pm ESDT, 2:00pm WST, Campbelltown Stadium

Wednesday 21st December
Central Coast Mariners V Newcastle Jets 7:00pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium (rescheduled match from round 1)

Predictions: New 2-1 Nix V Adel 1-1 CCM 2-1 City V Vic 2-2 WSW 1-0 Mac 2-1 CCM V New 2-2

Make your intentions known and enjoy the football this weekend. Screw Danny Townsend

Last edited:

I feel like we should boycott all discussion of the league this week, I'm not sure this thread should even exist.

Look, I will be watching from Paramount+, but... Just feels different eh?
Has Townsend resigned yet ?
Someone's made a handy website for us to find out:

Me and my fellow City mates are boycotting tonight's Derby, I have reluctantly decided to do the same.

We need less crowd numbers at games for the message to sink into the APL. I have already paid for my City season ticket/membership so it's not as if I will be hurting the club financially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and my fellow City mates are boycotting tonight's Derby, I have reluctantly decided to do the same.

We need less crowd numbers at games for the message to sink into the APL. I have already paid for my City season ticket/membership so it's not as if I will be hurting the club financially.

Your mates should read up on the idea of the protests. Attend, make noise for 20 minutes, and then walk out. To emphasise what the league is with and without supporters.

What a hit! you wont see a better one anywhere in the World!

Despite losing the game I felt we had the better 'moments' weirdly haha. The pen save from Gauci was top drawer too.

Your mates should read up on the idea of the protests. Attend, make noise for 20 minutes, and then walk out. To emphasise what the league is with and without supporters.
That's what I'm doing with my son. I feel I've tolerated a lot of football league administration incompetence in my years, and this is the breaking point for me.

I'm sure you've answered this before, but what made you support United?

Back in 08 (?) the ACL run got me on board and I've stuck on ever since. Think the only thing that would make me ditch them would be a North Sydney side which I doubt will ever happen.

Big win for the Mariners. Feisty game, love it. Crazy so few Sydney fans travel for a game that's closer to get to for a lot of them than Allianz is. If not for the APL protest I would be scathing that their bay isn't full.

Was keen on MacArthur v Perth, as a visiting fan.
Won’t be happening now.
Days now until Townsen resigns. Position is untenable.
Absolutely pathetic that A league didn’t capitalise on 2006 and now falls apart within a week after 2022.
Corrupt and rotten scoundrels running Australian football.
AFL need not worry. They’re laughing

Was keen on MacArthur v Perth, as a visiting fan.
Won’t be happening now.
Days now until Townsen resigns. Position is untenable.
Absolutely pathetic that A league didn’t capitalise on 2006 and now falls apart within a week after 2022.
Corrupt and rotten scoundrels running Australian football.
AFL need not worry. They’re laughing
To be fair the sport did capitalise on 2006. Was growing and getting bigger.
Unfortunately the FFA took the side of a Rugby League writer bashing football fans which set the comp back in 2015, Foxsports started their cost cutting on anything not NRL or AFL to get cricket which hurt, now this * up by the APL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back