A note from Fages

Remove this Banner Ad

No, disagree.

It's basically a middle finger to the media.
Nah disagree. It lets them off.

He needed to site a specific example of a media lie. The B&F was a perfect one because Lever is gone now and so long as what we say is the actual TRUTH, then no one will have a reason to debate the point.

I'm not even sure we're being overly truthful. I expect we DID tell Lever not to come.

You can't accuse someone of being untruthful and then not present the truth. We still haven't heard any actual facts from the club. Just "trust us".

No ones accountable. So it will continue.

Typical Triple M,.. Headline grabbing, clickbait garbage. Read that 'article' , What an absolute load of nothing. Literally says nothing.

Good on you Fages,. you Sir are an absolute ripper.

Triple M,.. I'd love to say 'you're better than that' But you're not.

He needed to site a specific example of a media lie. The B&F was a perfect one because Lever is gone now and so long as what we say is the actual TRUTH, then no one will have a reason to debate the point.

I'm not even sure we're being overly truthful. I expect we DID tell Lever not to come.

You can't accuse someone of being untruthful and then not present the truth. We still haven't heard any actual facts from the club. Just "trust us".

If you respond directly to one 'mistruth' to try and correct it, that is exactly what the media want. They will then up the ante and double the amount of 'mistruth's' they are reporting to try and get you to respond again. And so on. This is absolutely the right course. Don't call them out on any one specific bullshit headline, but make it clear to everyone that none of them were true. And stick to the path of controlling our own media via our website and all the social media avenues that are available. I think we have got this absolutely spot on.

If you respond directly to one 'mistruth' to try and correct it, that is exactly what the media want. They will then up the ante and double the amount of 'mistruth's' they are reporting to try and get you to respond again. And so on. This is absolutely the right course. Don't call them out on any one specific bullshit headline, but make it clear to everyone that none of them were true. And stick to the path of controlling our own media via our website and all the social media avenues that are available. I think we have got this absolutely spot on.
This is true. It's clear what specific incidents he's talking about, but he doesn't make the mistake of tying himself down to one. And at the same time manages to take a massive swipe at the trash media in general without spitting the dummy.

It's a more eloquent and accurate critique than any of them could manage and the backlash will be huge. Probably starting with Rucci in the Rag tomorrow.

It's beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is it a bit of a nothing email. He basically said we're not going to confirm or deny anything and we can't let members know what's going on in the club.

I could be just reading it negatively due to being frustrated by not know what's going on, but that's just how it feels at the moment.
It's just you. I loved it

I have little doubt Fages will eventually find himself on the AFL board.
He is a professional dude thats for sure.

Jesus I'd love to see Trigg's face if that ever happened.

I'm betting something like this...

steventriggresigns300x200.jpg

The media have canned his email already, what good can possibly come from us abusing them further.

I think I was a great email, this bloke is a real class act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back