Universal Love Great images from the history of the Adelaide Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

and looked 50 at 25

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
When a Redleg, he and his brother Brenton used to drive the 2 hours from Lameroo to Norwood Oval on a Thursday for training, drive home afterwards, then work all day on the farm on Friday and then drive back to Adelaide for the Saturday game..

z2WjyvW.jpg

FDA7E14D-1027-49B1-8FDA-D02BBC09806A.jpeg
Adelaide all-time leading goal-kicker, Tex Walker with former premiership playing Rooster, SA State player, Redlegs dual premiership coach, filled in as coach of Sydney Swans (for 8 games), AFL Hall of Fame, AFC Chairman, the late Bob Hammond (AO players race named in his honour)
FB0E5892-E8F3-4F41-BF0A-EE9EEBA4D884.jpeg
Not sure if this was meant to be a depiction of Bob’s happy-face, sad-face or sex-face ??

Last edited:

When a Redleg, he and his brother Brenton used to drive the 2 hours from Lameroo to Norwood Oval on a Thursday for training, drive home afterwards, then work all day on the farm on Friday and then drive back to Adelaide for the Saturday game..
That's dedication for ya.

This is the first AFL game I ever went to:

Sat on the outer wing and it was great.

My earliest memory was a week earlier watching Peter Sumich kick 13 goals v Footscray and is the reason I follow West Coast.

But Adelaide having a team got me going to games and I appreciate that and have a soft spot for them.

I went to the 97 and 98 GFs as well and it feels both a lifetime ago and not that long ago.View attachment 1615767

Snap! Same here!

Coincidentally my first match as a Crows member was also against Brisbane (round 1, 1997)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modra's best grab and he didn't even need to take it as it was already going through for a goal. Shoulder ride over Martyn in the goal square.

Attachments

• modra_MOY1997.jpg
    modra_MOY1997.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 48
Modra's best grab and he didn't even need to take it as it was already going through for a goal. Shoulder ride over Martyn in the goal square.
It was a Tony McGuiness up and under that wasnt going to make it to the line

Last edited:
IIRC this mark Modra played on and hit the top of the goal post from the goal line

I reckon it was this game.

He took that huge floating chest mark this game too

It's a photo rich in meaning. Tex, in his first AFL game as captain, kicks six goals and stands tall like a Greek god, looking down with contempt at his opponent on the ground, with an arm half-raised, as if to protect himself. The Crows have vanquished North Melbourne in their first match of the season and the first with Phil Walsh as coach, 21.12.140 to 9.9.63. It was a great choice for the back page of the paper the following day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back