Game Day Adelaide Football Club vs Richmond Football Club in Round 2 of the 2023 AFL Premiership Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not an elite athlete so that’s a dumb statement. Of course I’d pull up awesome. AFL makes such a massive deal about breaks etc go watch other sports at the true elite professional level, you wouldn’t have people making fitness excuses after 1 round. 😂
That’s a truly naive statement. Like to see how you’d pull up after playing three hours of footy in 39 degree heat and 80% humidity six days ago. Now, if you were talking about what we served up in the first half, I put it to you that it had nothing to do with the heat last week. It did, however, impact how we ran out the game.

Well. Different team came out in the second half. Still a major issue that we've only player 3 quarters in 2 games.

Midfield set up the biggest worry. Seemed to get it right in the second half.

Should have been much closer than what it was. Feel like we've been saying this a lot for 2 years now.

I’m not an elite athlete so that’s a dumb statement. Of course I’d pull up awesome. AFL makes such a massive deal about breaks etc go watch other sports at the true elite professional level, you wouldn’t have people making fitness excuses after 1 round. 😂
Today wasn’t a fitness issue, our worst half was the first. We wouldn’t have made a comeback if fitness was an issue. Sloane said during the week players prefer 6 day breaks as it’s all recovery and very little training.

Today wasn’t a fitness issue, our worst half was the first. We wouldn’t have made a comeback if fitness was an issue. Sloane said during the week players prefer 6 day breaks as it’s all recovery and very little training.
Maybe that’s the issue. We are lazy and don’t like training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? Not sure how you took that from that statement. Most of the time between games in season is about recovery, unless you have the 7+ day breaks.
It was mostly tongue in cheek, but not sure how you can take anything else from Sloane’s own words.
Sloane said during the week players prefer 6 day breaks as it’s all recovery and very little training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back