Game Day Crows vs Pies in Adelaide, R7 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how you guys keep doing it.
Must be heartache for you supporters all game, however now you know you’re just going to get it done in the end anyway though.
I can’t say I enjoy it because it’s terrible for the heart.
Your boys play fantastic attacking footy. Im
Probably biased but I think the Pies and the Crows are the best teams to watch this year.
I look forward to seeing you in the finals mate.

I can’t say I enjoy it because it’s terrible for the heart.
Your boys play fantastic attacking footy. Im
Probably biased but I think the Pies and the Crows are the best teams to watch this year.
I look forward to seeing you in the finals mate.
Won’t make the finals, the wheels are about to fall off our season with a very tough fixture for the rest of the year. We won’t make it to 13 wins

Won’t make the finals, the wheels are about to fall off our season with a very tough fixture for the rest of the year. We won’t make it to 13 wins
I think your team is too good for that. Hopefully Nicks uses this loss to rev up the squad. You should’ve iced the game by half time against the bookies flag favourite. It was only poor conversion and some poor decisions going inside F50 that cost you.

I think your team is too good for that. Hopefully Nicks uses this loss to rev up the squad. You should’ve iced the game by half time against the bookies flag favourite. It was only poor conversion and some poor decisions going inside F50 that cost you.
We are still the 2nd youngest team in the comp, we will fall away this next month imo….and our next win will only come against the eagles…at this point your club has 1 hand on the cup.

Zombieorpheus Detecting GIF by zoefannet

We are still the 2nd youngest team in the comp, we will fall away this next month imo….and our next win will only come against the eagles…at this point your club has 1 hand on the cup.
Geez I think you’re being way too harsh. Being the 2nd youngest team, you have the steepest trajectory of improvement in you.
I bet you take it up to the Cats this week and would not be surprised if you beat them at home.

Geez I think you’re being way too harsh. Being the 2nd youngest team, you have the steepest trajectory of improvement in you.
I bet you take it up to the Cats this week and would not be surprised if you beat them at home.
There’s only one more sure thing than losing to you guys and that’s losing to geelong in geelong.

Appreciate the kind words and I am hopeful enough to agree with you in terms of trajectory, but keep in mind you’re talking to a supporter base with pretty deep scars. 25 years of disappointment and heartbreaking losses when it counts leaves a mark.

Heck part of me is half expecting the AFL to pull the rug out from under us with a new crows scandal now that we’re something resembling good.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season. Your boys will be very tough to beat for the flag. Pies vs Dees GF for mine.

1st quarter was entertaining but frustrating. Entertainment continued in 2nd quarter but the arm wrestle began. 3rd and 4th quarters dismay crept in and hope was fading. Final siren, disgusted. We just lost our way.
2nd youngest team in comp lose to best team in the competition by one point.
As I simmer down I feel ok about all that. Who would’ve thought we are competing for the top eight this year?
I’d much rather lose one like that at this stage and take the lessons into the back half of the year when we might need the wins to make finals in 2023!
I must admit the next few weeks are going to be pretty tough, especially on us fans.

I don't care how good Collingwood are. They were ravaged with injury, off a brutal 5 day break and big game, and we couldn't put them away.

This is the start of our annual downfall, I think.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What an honest assessment. The only one I've read on any forum. One person who actually knows their footy.

Us losing to you is always extremely likely.

Us losing in Geelong is always certain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not realise how bad some of those umpiring calls were against Collingwood in the last 1/4 upon watching it again my god it was horrendous particularly the Fog front on hit on Murphy that caused him to bleed and the umpire restarted the game as he was still coming off and then pinged an insufficient intent as Degoey Knocked it out because Murphy was still coming off in the arms of the trainer's and it where the ball was heading too.

I did not realise how bad some of those umpiring calls were against Collingwood in the last 1/4 upon watching it again my god it was horrendous particularly the Fog front on hit on Murphy that caused him to bleed and the umpire restarted the game as he was still coming off and then pinged an insufficient intent as Degoey Knocked it out because Murphy was still coming off in the arms of the trainer's and it where the ball was heading too.

I was hoping at that point for a 50m pen against DeGoey for dissent. Would have been hilarious.

W
We play wce twice, north once, gws once and gold coast twice so that's 5-6 wins pretty much guaranteed. Add that to our 4 and that's 9-10wins. That's means we most likely need another 3-4wins with a half decent percentage for finals.
We play:
Geelong away, Loss
Saints@home, Most likely a win.
Bulldogs away, 50/50, let's make that a loss
Lions@home. Lions are hopeless away. Win.
Suns away in Darwin. 50/50 Win
West Coast home. Win.
Collingwood away. Loss
North @home Win
Essendon away, Loss
Giants@home, Win
Melb away. Loss
Powaa@home, Win
Suns@home, Win
Lions away, Loss
Swans@home, Win
Eagles away, Win

That puts us on 14 wins and most likely 7th or 8th. That means we need to win 8 home games from 8(stK, lions, wce, north, giants, powaa, gc, swans) and 2 wins away against gold coast and wce from 8 matches. Alternatively if we dropped one of those home games we need to pick up another away win which the most likely games we could do that would be bulldogs or essendon away. The tough home matches we need to win are against lions, powaa imo.

Last edited:

The hit on Murphy, and the obvious high contact in the goal square were the two absolute shockers. As bad as any decision/non-decision as I've ever seen.

I'm still not sure where I sit on the insufficient intent call on De Goey. I'm not convinced he didn't have other options, but I guess it was the safe choice.

Also, calling Darcy Moore play on when he literally stood still for 2 seconds, after a good intercept mark.

Some absolute stinkers from the umpires went our way for sure, but anyone who feels bad for Collingwood due to umpiring must have a pretty short memory.

The hit on Murphy, and the obvious high contact in the goal square were the two absolute shockers. As bad as any decision/non-decision as I've ever seen.

I'm still not sure where I sit on the insufficient intent call on De Goey. I'm not convinced he didn't have other options, but I guess it was the safe choice.
Collingwood copped in the last quarter what we have had to put up with for 20years. They don't seem to cope with it that well.

Collingwood copped in the last quarter what we have had to put up with for 20years. They don't seem to cope with it that well.

Butts was blatantly dragged down in ruck contest with 1:30 left. Normally we would howl about that but on balance it was nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back