Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reilly O'Brien

• Tom Doedee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

wow, picked,up by GWS last year, what's wrong with our club, why would we sack him?
I bet Collingwood also really regret sacking him.

I bet gws were happy kingsley,s coaching staff got to a prelim , he was coach of the year not bad for a side that was 3 -7 ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kingsley seems like really good operator.

A lot of guys who played/worked under Choco have gone on to be successful coaches.

So you're now asserting ...the AFC does not follow a proper Coaching selection process ?

One of the most astute football minds, Jason Dunstall .....was not capable of selecting a good Coach ...even though he chose Clarko when HAW were bottom of the ladder ??

Rahilly being named assistant coach of the year, was a furphy ....a conspiracy to keep us out of the Finals

Burns can't Coach then ?

View attachment 1825445

2020 Premiership Ladder
We were bottom, below NORTH ...with a 64% percentage

3 years later we should have made the Finals .....NORTH are in the same ladder position, with the same %
BUT ...we've selected bad coaches, who don't know what they're doing ???

You make it too easy for me Scorpus .....like taking candy from a baby

View attachment 1825455

Who are the coaches that would have made finals and why don’t we have them?

In fact who are the coaches that would have won a premiership by now and why don’t we have them?

No ill will towards Doods, for mine

I know there’s a group on social media which will always call him a Judas, but I don’t think that’s deserving
When I look at ex Crows players across the league

Patrick Dangerfield - We had the option to match Geelong's bid, we traded him, yeah, i was annoyed he left. But him kicking the winner vs Port (2017 I think) combined with Sloane's bump on him in the pf. IDC any more.

Jack Gunston - He can **** off. Turned his back on us without even giving us a fair go. Then his excuse which we always knew to be bs, turned out to be hypocritical as well.

Jarryd Lyons - We didn't give him a fair go. He made the right decision for his own career. Wish him well.

Brad Crouch - We pushed him out the door trying to manipulate the free agency rules to our advantage. Sure, I felt at the time it sucked to lose him. But he was a pawn in a greater play. In fact, with how we used him on his exit. I'll actually defend him when ignorant idiots in our crowd boo him. Probably the only player I'll do that for.

Charlie Cameron - Brisbane came and offered him a s**t tonne of money to pry him out of Adelaide. We couldn't match that at the time. He made the only sensible decision he could make. No problem there.

Jake Kelly - IDC about him. I loved his defensive one-on-one play. But knew he was a net loss for the team with his poor attacking ball movement. Losing him made us better. How can I have a problem with him there? I can't.

Jake Lever - He can ** off too. Unlike Cameron, he would've been offered good money at the time. It wasn't a life changing opportunity like it would've been for Charlie. Jake was just selfish he can ** off.

Rory Atkins - He was out the door. We dont care if we were going to lose him. Good for him even finding someone to give him a contract. Wouldn't have received that here. Good on ya.

Mitch McGovern - You had your money. You spat the dummy when one thing didn't go your way. If that's what you're like as a person, I hope all you experience is misery for the rest of your playing days.

Hugh Greenwood - I'm probably annoyed at the club. Hugh wanted to stay, but we wouldn't give him what he wanted (Which was fair demands i believe). He went for the security. And even if I was salty at how he left, I'd have felt sorry for the way Gold Coast treated him and have no problem now.

Alex Keath - He did want to stay, but Adelaide didn't come to the party. Probably a little salty at him leaving. But not overly so.

Tyson Stengle - He did spit the dummy like McGovern. But he found his own way back through the SANFL. I can respect that.

Billy Frampton - We wanted him gone, happy for the guy, we got more out of them than we should have.

I'm happy for Frampton, Atkins, Lyons, Crouch and Cameron
I'll boo Gunston, Lever and McGovern until you're out of the league
I'm impartial with Dangerfield, Kelly, Greenwood, Keath and Stengle.

I'll probably put Doedee in the impartial category. Guess that's the sympathy of the ACL injury. If he made this move without it, I'd be shitty. But our offer was reduced substantially after it. Brisbane and Collingwood got in a bidding war, and we didn't match it. Rightfully so tbh.

Stop banging on about your tellie watchers BS , doesn’t make people understand the game less,
This is absolutely wrong.

If some posters went to a SANFL match and watched Newchurch when he was out of camera shot they would see a player who jogged slowly when the opposition won a turnover but ran like the wind when we had a turnover.

Similarly story with Murphy who I regularly said was not in our best 30 players. Watching him run 100 metres to pressure an opposition player which resulted in a turnover but zero stats clearly impressed Nicks. Not obvious on the tellie. I have never seen Brayden Cook do this but he has a great highlight reel and looks much better on the telli.

The number of times that I have read in the game day thread after a player makes a skill error “He’s a fuxxen spud, shoot him to the moon” without realising it is a wet greasy day/night with a wicked swirly wind.

That’s not to say everyone who is at the match has any idea about the game. The number of times we have been outnumbered downfield and an idiot screams “Just kick the fuxxen ball” and when a player does just kick the fxxken and it goes to an opposition player they yell “Don’t kick it to the opposition”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not to say everyone who is at the match has any idea about the game. The number of times we have been outnumbered downfield and an idiot screams “Just kick the fuxxen ball” and when a player does just kick the fxxken and it goes to an opposition player they yell “Don’t kick it to the opposition”.
Reminds me of the shriek behind me at Footy Park in the Neil Craig years

"Kick it!!!!!!!!!!!.............................................Who was that too???"

This is absolutely wrong.

If some posters went to a SANFL match and watched Newchurch when he was out of camera shot they would see a player who jogged slowly when the opposition won a turnover but ran like the wind when we had a turnover.

Similarly story with Murphy who I regularly said was not in our best 30 players. Watching him run 100 metres to pressure an opposition player which resulted in a turnover but zero stats clearly impressed Nicks. Not obvious on the tellie. I have never seen Brayden Cook do this but he has a great highlight reel and looks much better on the telli.

The number of times that I have read in the game day thread after a player makes a skill error “He’s a fuxxen spud, shoot him to the moon” without realising it is a wet greasy day/night with a wicked swirly wind.

So you can’t pick up stuff on a screen that you miss live?

So you can’t pick up stuff on a screen that you miss live?
IMO ....you can't beat a "live" game ....that said, in all the years I've watched a total of 2 games from ground level .....can't see the game strategy / plan from there ....always 2nd level grandstand .....and never from the front-bar, as many do 🤣

That said, again IMO .....you have a better view of the in-tight action on the television, than live .....so I love "live" footy, but love the TV replay for the finer points of the action

IMO ....you can't beat a "live" game ....that said, in all the years I've watched a total of 2 games from ground level .....can't see the game strategy / plan from there ....always 2nd level grandstand .....and never from the front-bar, as many do 🤣

That said, again IMO .....you have a better view of the in-tight action on the television, than live .....so I love "live" footy, but love the TV replay for the finer points of the action
Lower level is great to be up close to the action but for viewing it’s s**t. You have a shallow view of what’s happening at the rest of the ground.

At AO lower levels of third level is great as you get a view of the whole oval and see set ups and ball movement.

Lower level is great to be up close to the action but for viewing it’s s**t. You have a shallow view of what’s happening at the rest of the ground.

At AO lower levels of third level is great as you get a view of the whole oval and see set ups and ball movement.

I'm near the front of level 3 Riverbank. Love the view, like you said can see the whole oval. As you'd expect you can't see as well when play is at the northern end (but you get use to looking between the oval and the screen) but it's a perfect view to watch the team structures and ball movement up and down the ground.

I've now become quite frustrated watching on TV as you don't get the full vision of the team, and my main gripe is they zoom in way too much on a player... I'd rather they zoom back so I can see players around the player with the ball and what options he has with the ball. These days they zoom in way too much and I end up yelling at the TV as I feel like I'm missing key vision . Sometimes it makes me wonder whether the person in control has any feel for the game. Save the zoomed in shots for replays I say. Let me see the game.

Tex not polling higher?

As for what the votes say about selection concerns, how about the continuing to play Sloane in key roles when his form waned so badly? Let alone re-signing him.

Tex finished 3rd. I would have him in the mix for second but not surprised he came 3rd. Tex had 10 games where he kicked 2 or less goals. Also had 10 games where he had 11 or less disposals. Had a fantastic year but as we see in all awards forwards have less consistency and more brilliant games - so they rarely finish as high as expected

Laird only had 6 or 7 games below 28 touches, only 4 games below 24.

And yes I agree with damage done per possession etc but there is a reason midfielders win all the awards

Sloane - mid field minutes, CBA’s dropped from round 15. Generally the 5th used mid after that round - excluding the game against the Giants

I’m wouldn’t have thought he would 3/4th after round 10 or whatever but he was always going to poll solidly first half of the year and less so as his form fell away in the back half

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tex finished 3rd. I would have him in the mix for second but not surprised he came 3rd. Tex had 10 games where he kicked 2 or less goals. Also had 10 games where he had 11 or less disposals. Had a fantastic year but as we see in all awards forwards have less consistency and more brilliant games - so they rarely finish as high as expected

Laird only had 6 or 7 games below 28 touches, only 4 games below 24.

And yes I agree with damage done per possession etc but there is a reason midfielders win all the awards

Sloane - mid field minutes, CBA’s dropped from round 15. Generally the 5th used mid after that round - excluding the game against the Giants

I’m wouldn’t have thought he would 3/4th after round 10 or whatever but he was always going to poll solidly first half of the year and less so as his form fell away in the back half

Sloane was preferred in the middle and on the ground instead of Pedlar against Sydney and we saw how that worked out.

There was no justification to pick him given his form.

Tex had 23 goals by rd 10 with some decent hauls and couldn’t make top 10.

Murphys voting was ridiculous.

Where was the love for Murray?

Sloane was preferred in the middle and on the ground instead of Pedlar against Sydney and we saw how that worked out.

There was no justification to pick him given his form.

Tex had 23 goals by rd 10 with some decent hauls and couldn’t make top 10.

Murphys voting was ridiculous.

Where was the love for Murray?

As I alluded to for Tex - consistency and expectations. I would assume as the main forward target 2 goals is a minimum performance, and probably below par for expectations (not including the other great work he does in bringing other players into the game) but I don’t think it was. A great shock he finished 3rd instead of second

Murray I thought was the most unlucky. I think he had a brilliant year and arguably displayed the highest upside over expectation from pre year

I would also say the voting method we use does keep the bulk of players very close to each other and is probably not the best system in that it greatly benefits role players in my view

Look at Sydney - Gulden won by 250 votes - and was their stand out player but geez it stood out on their scoring system

That's why I hate the MCG.

Huge lower level making the 2nd and 3rd (And 4th in GSS) too far away.

You're not ontop of the play like you are at AO/Marvel.

About the only seating worth sitting in is the 2nd tier of the Olympic Stand (Well, and MCC, but us plebs cant get in there....)

And (for the first time in forever) I agree with you. I love my seats 2nd row 3rd tier dead centre wing. Best seats I've had for any sporting event.

Rachele started on fire after he transitioned into the midfield for the first 8 weeks of the season such that even Southerntakeover said "he will have fun in Collingwood" and then he ended up signed a 7 years extension lol.

That 'seven year extension' is about as real as your Crows fandom.

Who did you vote for in the members MVP superfan?

Back