Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reilly O'Brien

• Tom Doedee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Clarke is at least a proven AFLW coach.

I'm not suggesting that every coach we have is flat out "no good", just that they are unproven and their judgement shouldn't be used to take pot shots at posters because they ultimately haven't gotten the success to justify their actions yet.

And yes I would review the coaching panel with a look to improvement.
That logic is flawed also , so phil walsh RIP wasnt a good coach using that logic there is 1 premiership team every year everyone else fails yet id say adam kingsley was a good coach and guess who is in his coaching group ? Ben hart but hey he is s**t according to this board

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would you like me to take a random guess at how other coaches would rate our players? Is that what would satisfy your requirements for posting on the forum?

My solution would be going through a proper process to find better coaches, not picking a random name based on the vibes
So you're now asserting ...the AFC does not follow a proper Coaching selection process ?

One of the most astute football minds, Jason Dunstall .....was not capable of selecting a good Coach ...even though he chose Clarko when HAW were bottom of the ladder ??

Rahilly being named assistant coach of the year, was a furphy ....a conspiracy to keep us out of the Finals

Burns can't Coach then ?

Oh sure sure.gif

2020 Premiership Ladder

We were bottom, below NORTH ...with a 64% percentage

3 years later we should have made the Finals .....NORTH are in the same ladder position, with the same %
BUT ...we've selected bad coaches, who don't know what they're doing ???

You make it too easy for me Scorpus .....like taking candy from a baby

1696741210865.png

So you're now asserting ...the AFC does not follow a proper Coaching selection process ?

One of the most astute football minds, Jason Dunstall .....was not capable of selecting a good Coach ...even though he chose Clarko when HAW were bottom of the ladder ??

Rahilly being named assistant coach of the year, was a furphy ....a conspiracy to keep us out of the Finals

Burns can't Coach then ?

View attachment 1825445

2020 Premiership Ladder

3 years later we should have made the Finals .....NORTH are in the same ladder position, with the same %

View attachment 1825455

No, I'm suggesting to decide on a coach better than Nicks we'd have to go through a proper process, not a "pick a name from a hat right now based on nothing" process that you wanted.

"we should have made the Finals [...]
BUT ...we've selected bad coaches, who don't know what they're doing ???"

Why should we have made finals do you reckon? Do you think us not making finals when we should have has anything to do with coaching?

No, I'm suggesting to decide on a coach better than Nicks we'd have to go through a proper process, not a "pick a name from a hat right now based on nothing" process that you wanted.

"we should have made the Finals [...]
BUT ...we've selected bad coaches, who don't know what they're doing ???"

Why should we have made finals do you reckon? Do you think us not making finals when we should have has anything to do with coaching?
So Dunstall picked a name from a hat ? .....and the winner is "Nicks" .....oh cmon

You know why we should have made the Finals .....this is not helping your cause ....I would say your argument, but you're not putting one up, that's rational.

You do realise 22 doesn't go into 10

Therefore you cannot arrive to the conclusion of your post, which I assume is premised on players you don't like... getting into the top 10

Taking your argument on board, the drafting of Pedlar, Soligo, Rachele, Murray, Nankervis, Fog, Thilthorpe, have been poor decisions, because they haven't achieved Top 10 status in 2-3 years 🤔

The same players, who made-up the best fwd line of any AFL Club this year 🤔
Where are our 2014-19 draftees?

We're not privy to how much work Andy put in in an effort to get himself right though are we? From the sounds of the award he was very diligent but it just wasn't meant to be.
I like Andy and he has had a wretched run with injury.
I just think the award could have gone to a guy that had a successful outcome from his professionalism and preparation and that he was able to overcome those set backs but was still able to play games and stay on the park.

Where are our 2014-19 draftees?
Shouldn't you also include "trades" in that question .....given our pick last year, as an example, was spent on Rankine

You mean:
Jones - Top 10 B & F
Milera - Top 10 B & F
Lever
Fogarty

Shouldn't you also include "trades" in that question .....given our pick last year, as an example, was spent on Rankine

You mean:
Jones - Top 10 B & F
Milera - Top 10 B & F
Lever
Fogarty
Nope, I'm talking draftees.

Eight first round picks in that time and only two of them crack our top ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again Scorpus .....identifying problems, offering no solutions ....yeah get a new coaching group, but no names put up

I asked who are the Coaching panel that would meet your expectation on player assessments ......surely you have a solution ....or can you only bitch & moan like a teenager

There's so many holes in your rant, it's really not worth a rational discussion
You sound just like…..Kochie

Burns can't Coach then ?

View attachment 1825445

2020 Premiership Ladder

View attachment 1825455

agreed, a terrible start after taking over a 10 win side that finished 11th.

Last edited:
That logic is flawed also , so phil walsh RIP wasnt a good coach using that logic there is 1 premiership team every year everyone else fails yet id say adam kingsley was a good coach and guess who is in his coaching group ? Ben hart but hey he is s**t according to this board

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

he was sacked by the club and hasn't been picked up subsequent. Either the club was right and he's not up to it or the club was wrong. You going to continue trying to play both sides on this?

So is it possible that if we rested Tex or he missed one more game that Murphy, Hinge and Rankine could have finished in front of him?

: is each game grade out of 10 or 5?
Quite possibly,
If Tex missed another game, Murphy would have play CHF and kicked 5 and got himself in front of Tex in the B&F

Back