Opinion Who should be the next coach of the Adelaide Footy Club after 2024 or even 2023.....

Remove this Banner Ad

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Lets face it, Nicks days are numbered. the crows next coach cant be an untried coach. we need an experienced coach, but who? Do we need to throw big $$ at a coach already coaching? Bevo? Buckley? Leppitch? do we hold off until Simon Goodwin is out of contract? i am sick of getting a soft c**k coach and we have had a few of them..
throw some names about, who will it be, who should it be?

Bucks belongs at Collingwood, we don't need him.

Nathan Bassett perhaps?

Prefer if they were premiership calibre. Dimma, Bevo, Goody, Chris Scott.

My only concern is, are they all products of a good list, or are their lists a product of their coaching?

Honestly Nicks is lucky to still be there this year, I would have sacked him at the end of last year.

Yesterday was another example that nothing really has changed, the midfield was insipid and Nicks was out coached in the 2nd half by a rookie coach with only half a bench available to him.

If we're 0-3 and get pantsed in the Showdown, the club will start to come under pressure to sack him.

My gut feeling is that Goodwin will be our next coach, but the problem with that is it will mean that we'll have to keep Nicks until the end of 2024.

Can we at least get rid of van Berlo?

Our centre bounce set ups are the same s**t as Campo had us doing. Even with peak Jacobs, Danger, Thommo, etc we used to concede too many easy clearances to the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, other than Buckley, who else is going to be available that’s not an untried coach?

I guess maybe Adam Simpson if he and WCE decide to part ways?

I’d prefer to get a bigger sample size on Nicks this year before seeing if we need to replace him, though. If we haven’t got more than three wins by R10 you’d think he’d be in trouble

Honestly Nicks is lucky to still be there this year, I would have sacked him at the end of last year.

Yesterday was another example that nothing really has changed, the midfield was insipid and Nicks was out coached in the 2nd half by a rookie coach with only half a bench available to him.

If we're 0-3 and get pantsed in the Showdown, the club will start to come under pressure to sack him.

My gut feeling is that Goodwin will be our next coach, but the problem with that is it will mean that we'll have to keep Nicks until the end of 2024.

I think it will be Goodwin and I think he will fortunately inherit a list that will be ready to go

Just quickly though - what big moves did Kingsley make to turn the game around?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No body that's ever been connected to Adelaide football club in the past, definitely no past players.

Fresh ideas and fresh eyes.

Happy to back in Nicks for at least two more years though he got given the worst list and situation in his first year ever, I don't really count those first two years.

No body that's ever been connected to Adelaide football club in the past, definitely no past players.

Fresh ideas and fresh eyes.

Happy to back in Nicks for at least two more years though he got given the worst list and situation in his first year ever, I don't really count those first two years.
I think Goodwin is far enough removed, not sure how much of his success is his players, from the outside he doesn’t seem that inspiring.

I think Goodwin is far enough removed, not sure how much of his success is his players, from the outside he doesn’t seem that inspiring.
Even blight said coaches are overrated, look at the list Goodwin has at his disposal, stars on every line, not 1 star, multiple star ruckman, forwards and back men. We really don’t have a good enough list, until we have big body star midfielders, we haven’t got much of a chance.

Even blight said coaches are overrated, look at the list Goodwin has at his disposal, stars on every line, not 1 star, multiple star ruckman, forwards and back men. We really don’t have a good enough list, until we have big body star midfielders, we haven’t got much of a chance.
Their list manager would be one to go after, assuming it’s been the one there for the whole team build.

I think it will be Goodwin and I think he will fortunately inherit a list that will be ready to go

Just quickly though - what big moves did Kingsley make to turn the game around?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe not if you read between the lines in the article in the Hun this morning...the former Dee's President Bartlett is hardly trying to veil that Goodwin has a real problem off field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back