Opinion Who should be the next coach of the Adelaide Footy Club after 2024 or even 2023.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Art.Int. on the job.
Robot GIF

I think Nicks has also smoothed the waters between the players. They do seem happy, united and in good team spirit.

However, Nicks has two (potentially fatal) flaws as Head Coach:
--- his selection policies and player positioning are bewildering; it's only in the last half a season he was trying new combos in the middle which BF (non-pros) were screaming for.
--- he lacks mongrel/toughness and so does the team.
--- he has no Plan B.
Three. Three flaws (channelling Michael Palin in scarlet :sneaky:)

If he sustained his cheery optimism and adopted the mongrel hardness of say Dimma or Clarkson, he might turn it around, but I can't see it.
I agree he has flaws. This is also a learning process for himself. He has overcome things thus far and perhaps in time will develop himself further as a coach. I don't think he us stuck in his ways though. There have been positional changes that we wouldn't have seen with Craig or Pike. He challenged the AFL on McAdams suspension rather than bend over and cop it like we have previously.

It's great the players seem happy. And it seems he is open enough to changes that we see as obvious. Jones, McHenry and Murphy not playing round 1 for example.

Justin Leppitsch.

Yo texanmike why the dislike for Leppa?
Currently at the pies as head of strategy/defense after being with the Tiges for their glory run and already had a go at the head job in brizzy.
ticks boxes for me.

Last edited:

Justin Leppitsch.

Currently at the pies as head of strategy/defense after being with the Tiges for their glory run and already had a go at the head job in brizzy.
ticks boxes for me.
Imagine looking at his head 2-3 times a week on the TV.
No from me.

Justin Leppitsch.

ticks boxes for me.

Was terrible with Brisbane but of the second chance guys he has improved his resume

Personally I think it is a lock to be Goody.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd be pretty happy with Buckley honestly. Level headed, typically enjoy listening to what he has to say and think he'd do just fine in a football mad town having been at Collingwood all his life.

Rightly or wrongly, rebuilt a team and got them to the grand final where a miracle goal cost them the flag - so it came off the back of his vision and not being set up by anyone else.

Our next coach needs to be someone that doesn't think our list is good and that we're only a quick fix away from finals
If we as a board/CEO believe this to be the case then our whole list management team should be out of the door before the coach. Will be going on 6 years without an appearance in the finals, if we believe we're still a long way off then we've got issues far larger than the coach. Honestly don't think it should take us too long to be competitive personally.

Also, super jealous of what Collingwood have got with Craig McRae. He's changed their structure in his first season to become a super competitive team and by far my favourite team to watch out of anyone at the moment. Just relentless attacking and backing themselves in. Similar but different from how we did it in the prime days of Pyke where it was just a great brand of footy to watch which correlated in a lot of wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be pretty happy with Buckley honestly. Level headed, typically enjoy listening to what he has to say and think he'd do just fine in a football mad town having been at Collingwood all his life.

Rightly or wrongly, rebuilt a team and got them to the grand final where a miracle goal cost them the flag - so it came off the back of his vision and not being set up by anyone else.

If we as a board/CEO believe this to be the case then our whole list management team should be out of the door before the coach. Will be going on 6 years without an appearance in the finals, if we believe we're still a long way off then we've got issues far larger than the coach. Honestly don't think it should take us too long to be competitive personally.

Also, super jealous of what Collingwood have got with Craig McRae. He's changed their structure in his first season to become a super competitive team and by far my favourite team to watch out of anyone at the moment. Just relentless attacking and backing themselves in. Similar but different from how we did it in the prime days of Pyke where it was just a great brand of footy to watch which correlated in a lot of wins.
McCrae wasn't even identified by the crows Mafia for an Interview.
He is a good glenelg boy too, worked for me as a kid. Good boy, never had an issue with him, just wished he would've eaten some of my s**t, he's thin as.

Buckley has 2 kids at private school in Melbourne, and who he shares with his ex. Also has an incredibly easy job with high pay no doubt at Fox. Why on earth would he come to Adelaide? Wont happen as much as we would all like it to add some toughness to this club
Buckley would be perfect. But as you say, it would be difficult to get him. Plus one of his best mates is Sando..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back