Game Day Adelaide Football Club vs Richmond Football Club in Round 2 of the 2023 AFL Premiership Season

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve played 1 game of football. Truly elite athletes should be able to run out a game. Especially when they cruised through the first half.
That’s a truly naive statement. Like to see how you’d pull up after playing three hours of footy in 39 degree heat and 80% humidity six days ago. Now, if you were talking about what we served up in the first half, I put it to you that it had nothing to do with the heat last week. It did, however, impact how we ran out the game.

I wasn’t at the ground so maybe I missed it but who flew the flag for Parnell when concussed with a dirty 2 action sling tackle that slammed his head into the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Still waiting for someone to fly the flag.

I don’t think they were deliberately conserving energy to within a one point lead, our pressure lifted in the 3rd. It’s the same story though, can’t play longer than a half.
Didn’t even play the half though. One good quarter. Not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until we play 4 quarters we aren’t winning games
It's hard to measure

Did Richmond play four quarters?

There's a tendency to view the opposition as a constant. It's just our own performance fluctuations that determines the ups and downs in a game.

Nine goals in a row when the game is there to be won would be the most indicative period of the game imho as to how we played.

Still waiting for someone to fly the flag.

When you have relied on Taylor Walker to be your sole enforcer for 15 years, you know there are some holes that need filling in your list.

Fog will get there, and be better at it, but who after him? Mcflurry?

I wasn’t at the ground so maybe I missed it but who flew the flag for Parnell when concussed with a dirty 2 action sling tackle that slammed his head into the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was worse than the 3 bumps last week. Much. And the curnt (added a r) commentary overlooked it. The parents of Purcell with the AFC should sue for damages if we are to take concussion seriously.

On Redmi Note 9 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hard to measure

Did Richmond play four quarters?

There's a tendency to view the opposition as a constant. It's just our own performance fluctuations that determines the ups and downs in a game.

Nine goals in a row when the game is there to be won would be the most indicative period of the game imho as to how we played.
They didn’t, but they played 3. We are barely playing 1-1.5 quarters a game.

Our list is all kinds of cooked. We have:
Cooked veterans still scarred by 2017 and just cruising around.
Unskilled B-C grade support cast midfielders and ruckman.
Unfit young players
with midgetts sprinkled all in between.
Unfit young players? Well, they don't have years of preseason under their belt.

Matthew Nicks, Ken Hinkley and Stewart Dew all have two things in common….

They didn’t, but they played 3. We are barely playing 1-1.5 quarters a game.
I think both teams played four quarters and across that time frame they were 32 points better than us

Taking out little snippets of matches is meaningless imho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back